• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Arts World

GrandMasterDash

Masternode Owner/Operator
Maybe it's just me but I'm thinking recently dash seems to be making inroads with art related things. I'm thinking @stellabelle 's art contest, the Circus City proposal, the new music video (maybe even the skateboarding thing). I really like the idea that dash could strongly align itself with arts and sports. With that in mind, maybe we could bring together this emerging content into a Dash Arts website? I see the domains DashArts.World and DashArts.TV are both available.

(I know the recent music video has caused some controversy but I think with some modifications it could be greatly improved)

I really like the idea that dash could strongly align itself with arts and sports.
I like it too. What if we'd be the new decentralized Redbull ? :)

Before we reach to main stream we still have a huge pool of innovators, early adopters, and adventurers that we haven't reach.

I'm not surprised that a traveler, which I am (25 % of the population is said to have the traveler drd4 gene) or somebody interested in extreme sports (referring here to the MMA fighter David Dos Santos that we already are sponsoring and the proposal from Scott Farnsworth about a possible sponsorship for race and acrobatic airplanes ) would be interested in cryptocurrency.

There are some risks involved and you gotta like that.

I'm less of an art guy but those people are less conventional, more open minded and visionary. Definitely some kind of population that too would be more inclined to join us in the early days.

I've heard of a great art project that managed to make a link between cryptocurrency and physical art. Its called a plantoid. Its a physical piece of art, a plant made with steel, that accepts donation in bitcoin. Whenever it reaches a set amount it will itself post a job offer for somebody to create a new plantoid that will be different but share the same intrinsic caracteristics (2 leaves, etc...). It's basically a plant that can reproduce itself !

That we'd be great if we could have something similar for dash, what do you think @stellabelle ?

I think there is the possibility of sub DAO that serves as a bridge between Dash and the arts.

We have a currency foundation, why not a cultural one too?

Like dash force news is becoming a hub for news and with a budget for engagement projects, Dash Arts could have a regular payment from the treasury and serve as the funding body for culture related proposals.

If we set a monthly budget in advance we can avoid MNOs being swamped with proposals. It would be possible to set a simple default format for the proposals and establish basic criteria, ultimately does this proposal bring value to Dash?

Yes! I see the great convergence between artists (who are unconventional) and cryptocurrency. If you look at trends, they generally start with artists. Mainstream follows the trendsetters. All of art movements have closely been tied to social movements, freedom movements and the like. When Dash merges with the art world, and allows the natural synergy to grow, mainstream will follow. This is a known fact in history. Artists and technologists have a lot in common because they think in terms of the future, and in symbolic ways. I see inventors, philosophers, programmers, writers and artists all in the same category. They are futuristic thinkers, and they have synergy.
I'm really excited about helping to develop the art world with Dash. It has to be done very strategically, and aligning with great artists is of upmost importance. This is why you need an artist, a very critical eye involved. Bad art (meaning not cutting edge) is to be avoided. People tend to follow the artists, the good ones, as they are creators of culture.

Artists are mostly visionary, just like a lot of scientists. I am all for developing the arts within Dash, and I like the idea of an Arts Dash DAO. This has to be done strategically because there are a lot of bad artists who would like to glom onto Dash. This is why a critical thinker, a strategist needs to be involved in the decision making.......just throwing a bunch of money at artists won't do much good. Now, creating an art movement that is ahead of its time, like a movement that exhibits synergy with the core concepts of cryptocurrency is something that I would like to make happen. Art can be a powerful vector to change human thinking, and if done correctly, this could be quite huge. I have a few ideas on this.......which need fleshing out.

I like this too..
Artists are usually the main creators of culture, so it is an area that should not be overlooked.
The Dash Art contest that I just created surprised me very much. It was uber successful as far as the number of submissions. This tells me that creativity is a huge untapped area with Dash. The similarities within artists and programmers are immense, but most people don't realize it. Artists and programmers are thinking in a highly idiosyncratic and symbolic way. Their tools are different, but their essence is the same.

This Plantoid idea is fantastic. I've actually been thinking along these lines and trying to figure out how to merge digital currency with some physical art pieces. So I will look into this and also put some ideas together. Great idea!

Were "arts" and "sports" just used as synonyms in the same sentence?

AFAIK, one resists selling out, and the other works for a label. Said another way, one is about love, and the other is about money, fame, and politics.

To what extent would a Dash Arts DAO insist an artist toe the line? To what extent would a Dash Arts DAO provide unconditional sponsorship to the most talented artists in the world?

It's really a no-brainer in a business sense.

And that's why artists "starve".

... I am all for developing the arts within Dash, and I like the idea of an Arts Dash DAO.... Now, creating an art movement that is ahead of its time, like a movement that exhibits synergy with the core concepts of cryptocurrency is something that I would like to make happen. Art can be a powerful vector to change human thinking, and if done correctly, this could be quite huge. I have a few ideas on this.......which need fleshing out.
Stella. I really hope you are going to do it. The spinoffs from having top artists in various fields in the Dash community will be immense. Can you just imagine the ideas/proposals that will come from them. This will also have the added benefit of positioning Dash as the cool cutting edge crypto. 1st Starter in Art. You simply have to do it!!!

As for Sports Definitely a different DAO. Again huge potential for great Dash publicity. Again 1st Starter advantage. Needs someone with knowledge of the biz side of it: Manager/Agent/promoter experience. Anyone? If you are not sure if you'll be able to do it - PM me - I might be able to help with ideas to get you started.

I'm really liking these ideas! A DAO for Dash-funded artists, wow!

But I think that a lot of admin will be required to get it all going. Who decides which artists will get funded? Masternodes? Or One centralized person? Or will there be a committee?

Wow... I love the diversity of ideas that are bubbling-up!

I have an idea to work with CryptoArt https://cryptoart.com/

I just checked out CryptoArt and think they have a really cool idea about cold storage of cyptocurrency in physical art. They would also probably be a good starting point for collaboration with Dash.

However we must remember that the arts communities are extremely niche. Who among us supports and/or participates in the arts in the first place? I'm talking about visiting art galleries, independent film screenings, buying and reading experimental contemporary/experimental poetry and prose, attending theater, even martial arts (forgive me for any omissions)...

So when I see a website promoting digital art prints (extremely niche) promoted specifically to the cryptocurrency community (even MORE niche) I wonder what kind of traction one really expects from a project/proposal like this.

I think Dash would be best serviced by finding the best artists of multiple disciplines and sponsoring their gallery openings, cafe poetry readings, theater festivals (Circus City being a prime example), and more. Create connections in real life communities with artists whose content has nothing to do with crypto, but who would benefit greatly from adopting it at the point of sale.

The thought I have is to create paper wallets on cards, maybe like trading cards, with fine art design. They would be collectible and functional as wallets. Great to sell online or give away at events.

From what I read on the CryptoArt site, the private key is simply on the reverse, so useless for storing anything significant. But as a physical gift card, yes, I can see value in that.

I'm really liking these ideas! A DAO for Dash-funded artists, wow!

But I think that a lot of admin will be required to get it all going. Who decides which artists will get funded? Masternodes? Or One centralized person? Or will there be a committee?

Wow... I love the diversity of ideas that are bubbling-up!

yes, i agree....who would determine which artists are accepted?
What is the Dash community's thoughts on this?

Back