• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[Discuss] Pre-Proposal: Vote Nodes

A lot of people run a masternode just for the reward, they are not active in reviewing and voting on proposals. I will accept that.
Does that matter though? They are still providing the masternode service to the network, so we pay them.
As long as there is enough of the "real" Dash MNOs, then the valid proposals will still move forward.

"but what happened since? - zero. I can't think of one example where governance has delivered anything for dash..."

Ummm, more than doubling the number of developers (somebody mentioned we have more than any other coin now.) Closing in on Evolution--easy as PayPal. Best outreach in the business (Thank you Amanda B. Johnson). Most robust infrastructure out there, and improving. Multiple integrations with other platforms every month. Two new credit cards backed by Dash in the works. Impressive increase in value, instant send, new and effective outreach on social media (thanks DashForce), active groups in Mexico, Russia, Poland, eastern europe, africa, japan soon I think, etc etc etc. An interesting slate of proposals every month...

That's an odd sort of zero in my book.

All examples of votes for funding, not actual governance. For example, no one voted for dash-to-fiat gateways. It may well of passed if the vote took place.. but the fact remains that MNOs were never asked.

A lot of people run a masternode just for the reward, they are not active in reviewing and voting on proposals. I will accept that.
Does that matter though? They are still providing the masternode service to the network, so we pay them.
As long as there is enough of the "real" Dash MNOs, then the valid proposals will still move forward.

I agree with you. Dash's ongoing funding model has lead the way and it's been the best. And that's precisely why I thought of disincentivizing non-fund related votes, because I was thinking it might be a conflict of interest i.e. balancing votes for capital gain against the less tangible aspects of a DAO.

Without specifically addressing you, the funny thing is, every other day when someone proposes/requests changes to the current system it's because the result of some voting was not to their liking.

I agree and, honestly, I can understand this point of view. For me, I'm not obsessing over proposals that didn't match my point of view. My only worry is this feeling that there's been a very long streak of "no" votes when it comes to non-funded proposals. It feels more like indecision than a no vote.. and that might be because the added value is not immediately obvious.. "stick with what you know"

I agree and, honestly, I can understand this point of view. For me, I'm not obsessing over proposals that didn't match my point of view. My only worry is this feeling that there's been a very long streak of "no" votes when it comes to non-funded proposals. It feels more like indecision than a no vote.. and that might be because the added value is not immediately obvious.. "stick with what you know"

The vast majority of proposals get funded. Could you better describe for me "a very long streak of "no" votes"

I would also note that, while not all masternodes vote, I can assure you there are also Masternodes that watch, ready to intervene if something is running amok. So they...participate...but do not vote.

All examples of votes for funding, not actual governance. For example, no one voted for dash-to-fiat gateways. It may well of passed if the vote took place.. but the fact remains that MNOs were never asked.

Controlling the purse strings is a form of governance. It is amazing what people will do for money. Give the market a chance to invent and innovate everything Dash needs. There has also been discussion on the slack channel about a new feature, something like a Request for Bids. For example, the Masternodes discuss and decide they want X, and then put X out to bid and see who steps forward.

Back