• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Reduction in proposal fee to 1 Dash (Pre-Proposal)

Should the proposal fee be changed to 1 Dash?

• Total voters
Nope. "Create Proposal" button doesn't work. ZERO reactions.

Proposal Name = "Reduce proposal fees 5 DASH to 0.1 DASH"

"Your proposal description URL:"
"https://www.dashcentral.org/p/Reduce proposal fees 5 DASH to 0.1 DASH" <-- this string becomes pink, but no error is shown

You have to put a valid Payment address in the appropriate field. Something that looks like this : XnpT2YQaYpyh7F9twM6EtDMn1TCDCEEgNX

You can find your address in your wallet. What wallet do you use?

If the error continues, logout, login and try to change slightly the proposal description.

Yes, but it still doesn't work :(

If the payement address is correct and the error continues, then logout, login and try to change slightly the proposal description.

For example write "Reduce-proposal-fee-5-DASH-to-0.1-DASH"

or even you should write the proposal in _
ex. reduce_the_proposal_fee

have you tried this also?

Last edited:
"If the payement address is correct and the error continues, then logout, login and try to change slightly the proposal description.
have you tried this also?"

Yes, tried this also. :(

"If the payement address is correct and the error continues, then logout, login and try to change slightly the proposal description.
have you tried this also?"

Yes, tried this also. :(

Have a look here on how the descriptions should look like. The space character is not allowed (and maybe some other characters too)

example of project name descriptions:

PLAY-AWARDS-DASH
Dash-Bitcoin-improvement-protocols
Buy-Sell-Dash-directly-within-the-WALLET
conf-mayevents-201704

Space is not allowed as a character in the description field, as you can see. People put - or _ instead of spaces.

Last edited:
If your proposal is voted up, how will you execute what you propose?

See, it's not really governance...

If your proposal is voted up, how will you execute what you propose?

See, it's not really governance...

It will do the only thing it can do, which is generate a conversation/debate and be a barometer for the sentiment of the network. It doesn't compel anyone to do anything but that doesn't make it worthless as a governance mechanism

It will do the only thing it can do, which is generate a conversation/debate and be a barometer for the sentiment of the network. It doesn't compel anyone to do anything but that doesn't make it worthless as a governance mechanism
Money compels many, especially developers looking to keep their jobs. :p

I believe developers will execute it. This is a community wish, basically.
it's not a budget proposal. It's a governance proposal, really.

With regard to the current USD price of Dash, I think the proposal fee should be reduced to 1 Dash.

Without this change, I feel that opportunities will be missed. This is because a high proposal cost will discourage submitting of anything but "guaranteed" proposals.

The 5 Dash fee was introduced primarily to prevent spam. This was successful when this fee was only about $15. I see no reason why a fee of about $100 will not successfully discourage spam.

This is still an increase in the proposal fee (in USD), but I deem this to be acceptable and necessary as Dash increases in popularity.

Please indicate if I would have your support.

Thanks for reading and opinions are always welcome.
I really like this proposal.

Back