• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Looking for DASH supply table

priestc

Is there a similar table for Dash? I need to know how many dash exists over time. I understand there was an "instamine", but what about how many coins are created with each block?

This forum won't let me post links, but the tables I'm referring to are here:

"wikipedia.org" /wiki/Dogecoin#Block_schedule
"en.bitcoin.it" /wiki/Controlled_supply#Projected_Bitcoins_Short_Term

This forum won't let me post links, but the tables I'm referring to are here:

"wikipedia.org" /wiki/Dogecoin#Block_schedule
"en.bitcoin.it" /wiki/Controlled_supply#Projected_Bitcoins_Short_Term

you need 3-4 posts and then you can post links and such (spam protection ;) )

That link says "7.1% decrease in the number of coins generated per year". Can I get more details? How is this decrease triggered? According to my math, at 2.5 minute blocks, 210240 blocks happen in one year. Is the 1.7% decrease triggered every 210240 blocks?

It was always in effect AFAIK. The reward per block and how many blocks are mined per hour are separate issues.

I'v been doing more research on this... I made this list of block rewards and block times:

https://gist.github.com/priestc/ac2cc1e5f997bed80fb64868596467d0

It seems that the first 4000 blocks or so have a reward of 500, and were all mined the first day.

The next 6000 blocks were mined over the next two weeks, and have a reward of about 146. Whats odd is that not all blocks have a consistent reward. For instance block 5000 has a reward of 47, yet block 550 has a reward of 122. Why did the reward go up?

From there the reward seems to go down, but sometimes you see the reward jump up. What causes this jump?

Back