• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Creating and reusing a QR code for merchandise

Dash_Canada

If a business generates a QR Code in DashQT, can that QR be used on multiple identical items?

I'm putting together a "getting started" for small online/brick&mortar business, so that they can sell their items by printing out QR codes for their merchandise.

Will businesses have to generate a new QR code for identical products, or can they reuse the same code? Any comments or suggestions are much appreciated!

Attached is the getting-started guide.

Attachments

• Setting Up Dash For Your Business.pdf
    124.2 KB · Views: 79
If a business generates a QR Code in DashQT, can that QR be used on multiple identical items?

I'm putting together a "getting started" for small online/brick&mortar business, so that they can sell their items by printing out QR codes for their merchandise.

Will businesses have to generate a new QR code for identical products, or can they reuse the same code? Any comments or suggestions are much appreciated!

Attached is the getting-started guide.

nice - interesting
(please keep me posted when done - would love to use this on the wiki)
in the end they can generate 1 QR code per item (name that QR code - Tomato in Wallet) and they will see exactly how much income they have by "Tomatoes"
they could use 1 code for all items, than they only have it separated by customers/payments in the wallet (and not by items)

Last edited:
nice - interesting
(please keep me posted when done - would love to use this on the wiki)
in the end they can generate 1 QR code per item (name that QR code - Tomato in Wallet) and they will see exactly how much income they have by "Tomatoes"
they could use 1 code for all items, than they only have it separated by customers/payments in the wallet (and not by items)

Okay, cool. I'll make mention that the "Label" box could be used to track the SKU of merchandise.

Thanks!

As for the "Message" box, I'll make a note in the PDF that this should be where the merchant leaves their email address for shipping.

This way, if Karl in Sweden buys some boots from Mandy in N. America, as soon as he scans, he'll have the contact email so that he can provide her with a shipping address.

Here's the updated PDF with the changes.

Whenever I make improvements or changes to this PDF, I'll be sure to drop a copy here.

Attachments

• Setting Up Dash For Your Business.pdf
    140.4 KB · Views: 79
Back