• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Unlocked wallet should not show transactions?

mddocmd

Meant to say 'locked' - Shouldn't a locked wallet not show private send destination addresses?
It would just seem to be more secure to hide these until you unlocked the wallet? Thoughts?

Last edited:
I guess the terminology can be confusing. 'Locked' is used in context of the funds in the wallet. Funds cannot be spent from a locked wallet without entering the password and 'unlocking' it.

I was just thinking in terms of security. Click on my desktop icon in Windows- my wallet opens and all my private send addresses are visible to anyone along with every other transaction. I understand it is protected by windows logon credentials but it just seemed to me that if you encrypt a wallet- not much should be visible until you enter your password. At least the privatesend addresses and amounts should be not visible. I understand you can't send funds- but any bad actor can certainly see everything I have done with my wallet.

Back