• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Two-Pronged Approach to Adoption

David

It occurred to me that people like to do things that have been proven to work in the past rather than venturing out in new directions. I think the same holds true of many efforts to increase the adoption level of Dash. We tend to think that we need to follow the same path as Bitcoin, but that isn't necessarily the case. If we want to overtake and surpass Bitcoin, we are going to have to take a divergent path in addition to the proven one.

What I'm saying is this: let's follow in Bitcoin's footsteps with respect to mass adoption, but let's also contact businesses that have never dealt with Bitcoin and explain the benefits of adding Dash as a payment method. Let's find other use cases for cryptocurrency where Bitcoin hasn't made much headway, and promote Dash there.

Well, classic is:

We have 3D universe of all possibilities, determined by Audience (X), Channels(Y) and Messages(Z)

So we «just» need to make several iterations:
1. Produce number of hypothesis of best "XYZs".
2. Test them.

As a result we will find most effective sets XYZ: (x1;y7;z35), (x3;y12;z6), …

So we will be able to concentrate our limited resources in most effective marketing way.
Good concentration on limited number of segments will allow DASH to start «virus marketing»-effect there.

Well, classic is:

We have 3D universe of all possibilities, determined by Audience (X), Channels(Y) and Messages(Z)

So we «just» need to make several iterations:
1. Produce number of hypothesis of best "XYZs".
2. Test them.

As a result we will find most effective sets XYZ: (x1;y7;z35), (x3;y12;z6), …

So we will be able to concentrate our limited resources in most effective marketing way.
Good concentration on limited number of segments will allow DASH to start «virus marketing»-effect there.

Good point. I was reading a while back about some algorithm that treasure hunters use. They grid an area of the ocean to search for a shipwreck and then determine the probability that the ship is in each grid. As the search progresses, they continually rerun the probability numbers and search from most likely to least likely. It's how the SS Central America was found, IIRC.

An equivalent model for Dash could be helpful: figure out the best use cases and the people/businesses most likely to use it, and then work backwords from that.

In case of DASH it'll be a kind of problem: how to measure "effectiveness"...

I am not sure it is possible to implement CPA marketing model - to attract people on our "landing pages" with parameters, to record these parameters in browser's cookies, then track and analyze visits and wallet downloads, ... many questions (including saving people's anonymity)...

In case of DASH it'll be a kind of problem: how to measure "effectiveness"...

I am not sure it is possible to implement CPA marketing model - to attract people on our "landing pages" with parameters, to record these parameters in browser's cookies, then track and analyze visits and wallet downloads, ... many questions (including saving people's anonymity)...

Good point...don't like the cookie idea at all!

Back