- There is no tax. All the funds belong initially to the network and it distributes them depending on what it needs. A lot of what I have read in this thread revolves around this fundamental difference. Whatever portion of funds are allocated to development belong to this separate category and would go to the development of the ecosystem. Is just a different model.
This point keeps coming up and I would like to address it. Is the 15% donation a tax?
- If the 15% Donation amount is taken from miners or masternodes and is not able to be returned to miners/MN by a veto vote or no projects vote in, then this is a tax.
- If the 15% Donation can be returned to miners/MNs by a veto vote or no projects voted in, then it is a donation or a loan if returned.
- This 15% is taken from miners(if implement now)
- The 15% is taken from masternodes(if implemented after 3/2016 when the expected MN block rewards are expected to be maxed out at 60% and mining rewards reduce to 40%).
- The 15% is also a tax on the network too. It will either lower the mining hashrate(less coin security) or lower masternode count(less transaction/darksend speed and less investment).