• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Second meetup report

dmitriybtc

On April 26th I held another meetup that was dedicated to blockchain-based social media platforms Steemit and Golos.

It was quite an amazing experience. This time I’ve tried a little bit different approach: minimum theory and maximum practice, tools and live mode type of stuff. That was both challenging and exciting for me but it was fun.

We had around 10-15 people that were quite engaged and asked lots of questions. That’s totally understandable, since the platform has a lot of features and specific details that have to be addressed.

In my opinion Steemit and Golos have a very big potential but I do believe they will only succeed with an awesome marketing strategy. Hopefully they decided to use a crowdsourcing approach which has a potential to change the direction for the better.

What I do love about this platform is its SEO optimization. I emphasize on this one quite a lot because it is crucial for any business or personal brand. I’m telling you, most of the time Steemit posts surpasses those written by Wordpress and other top blogs. Just tried it out for yourself.

Here’s also the best parts of the meetup. Video files have a very large size (3-4 gb each) so I decided not to merge them together, it will take around 5 hours to do the rendering with my laptop :)

Speaking about merging, I recently became very involved with Slava (@slava_m), so pretty soon I’m going to announce a big update for my current Dash budget proposal. In short, we’re collaborating to make conferences, instead of meetups.

We’re also working on a very huge and interesting business project together, details in the coming week.

Speaking about merging, I recently became very involved with Slava (@slava_m), so pretty soon I’m going to announce a big update for my current Dash budget proposal. In short, we’re collaborating to make conferences, instead of meetups.

We’re also working on a very huge and interesting business project together, details in the coming week.

Very nice about this collaboration! Keep in mind we would like to see Dash involved as much as possible in every conference, even if other crypto is covered. I hope to see some details about these conferences soon, and I must insist that at the start of each conference it is mentioned that much of this is made possible due to the funding from the Dash blockchain. It always surprises new people, and gets them interested, when they find out about the masternode system voting to help fund these events without a central party issuing the funding. This would be a good way of keeping Dash involved and you can touch on some other crpyto projects that people would like to learn about such as steemit (social media).

I haven't thought about that. We are more focused on doing conferences in different cities but we can think about some ideas.

Back