• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

QR codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

TanteStefana

Foundation Member
can I use QR codes if I don't have a smart phone nor do I use texting (yes, we're on a very tight budget, hope darkcoin will help us in the future, LOL)

I also don't know how to use them. How do you use them on pools n such? I mean, they keep you from logging in, unless you have them, no? Or what are they for?

Thanks for helping an old lady out, LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
can I use QT codes if I don't have a smart phone nor do I use texting (yes, we're on a very tight budget, hope darkcoin will help us in the future, LOL)

I also don't know how to use them. How do you use them on pools n such? I mean, they keep you from logging in, unless you have them, no? Or what are they for?

Thanks for helping an old lady out, LOL

QR they are just the address in picture format. For example scan one with your phone and you get the send to address, if you don't have a reader it's nothing to worry about it just can be easier if for example your on a phone sending DRK you can scan the QR code and get the address rather than typing it all in. It's almost like a real world copy paste.

edit: They're not a huge deal, you're not really missing anything.

Well, this kid put up a poster of his QR code during a Super Bowl, camera was pointing at him, thousands tipped him, he got rich.
So yeah, it is a huge deal, quite convenient for point of sales. Just point camera and it get processed.

The QR represent a code. Could be a wallet address, could a website URL, could be the API key that your pool issues so you scan it in a smartphone so you can remote monitor the pool, or through a web app or something. Some don't have QR, most don't, they'll have a long string, sort of like a huge wallet address.

PBoC is Peoples Bank of China. The central authority over there...

But some of these accounts want you to use them as authenticators, only I don't know how I'd scan it in when logging in? Thanks for the info though :)

But some of these accounts want you to use them as authenticators, only I don't know how I'd scan it in when logging in? Thanks for the info though :)

Oh I thought you just meant the "hey send here" QR code things. You don't need to scan them for example on poloniex you get the text beneath it you can input but you do need google authenticator which is a cellphone app so you're kinda screwed anyway :p I don't know if you can do it without a smartphone but try here http://www.google.com/landing/2step/?utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-sk&utm_medium=ha

Ok, I'm a readin'!

Oh, I can do this via voice mail! Thank you! Don't know why I was getting so confused! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back