I really like the sentence “less is more”, so I´m going to show you this in the simplest way possible:
I saw some proposals trying to change the Proposal fee of 5 to 1 or 0.1 Dash, an adaptative fee proposal, even a sub DAO (or Sub-budget). Not successful.
The objective is one: help people that have good ideas and don´t have 5 Dash to submit a proposal (or at least get founded in the case of the sub-budget)
Fact 1: The idea is make a Dash a cryptocurrency used by everyone…. Everyone.
Fact 2: Dash is decentralized, it means Dash should be used even by people that are not “rich”.
Fact 3: Good ideas can come even from people that doesn´t have 5 Dash.
Fact 4: At actual rate, 5 Dash is near 595 USD, according with the country this is a small amout or it´s more that monthly incomes (salary).
Fact 5: (This is my philosophical though) Blockchain technology has come to change the paradigm. We can use this rising technology to show the world we can build a human system, where we can support together and where we value the creativity, passion, and brilliant minds.
WHAT IT IS ABOUT?
A way to help people fund the 5 Dash needed to submit a proposal to the Budget (crowfund 5 Dash)
WHO CAN CONTRIBUTE?
Anyone who believes in X or Y proposal, anyone who see potential, anyone who believes the proposal can improve the Dash ecosystem even in a remote town. Anyone who wants to help that idea, but is aware that the idea might not be approved and maybe can´t get his/her funds back.
- Person A wants to submit a proposal to the Budget, but he/she doesn´t have the 5 Dash of fee.
- Person A makes a pre-proposal in two sites: Pre-proposals Dash Forum and Dash Fund.
- Dash Fund creates a unique address to the project, where founders can contribute with the amount of Dash they choose. This is (should be) the unique address authorized (published)to receive funds.
- Once the 5 Dash are reached, Dash Fund creates an official proposal in Dash Central.
Case A: The proposal is not approved
Here is not way to make a reimbursement to the funders, but if each one supported the proposal with a small amount of Dash, the loses are lower.
Case B: The proposal is approved
Once the Budget withdrawal the funds, Dash Fund makes reimbursement to each founder in the same address from where they fund (the total 5 Dash)
Also, Dash Fund withdrawal the rest of Dash to the Person A.
Update 1: The payment must be made on a multisig wallet 2 of 2 (Dash Fund and Proposal owner)
Update 2: Please refer to dashfund dot org in order to see a small infographic.
Each pre-proposal submitted to Dash Fund will have a unique address for crowdfund.
The founders don´t need to sign up. The reimbursement (if apply) is made to the same address from where they contributed.
When a proposal doesn´t reach the 5 Dash fee, the founders get reimbursement of their Dash.
Reimbursement (of this one): 5 Dash
Domain, hosting and development: calculating…
- This is just a proposal to develop a way to help fund 5 Dash to those who doesn´t have it.
- Although this proposal seems similar to “Grassroot crowdfunding system”, the goal of this is just help fund 5 Dash fee to submit proposals at Dash Budget. If the proposal is approved the founders get reimbursement. I don´t think there´s competition here, both proposal makes use of crowdfunding with a different way for a different goal.
- Many pre-proposals in the Dash Forum have good comments of people that likes the idea. Each one of these supporters can help with an amount of Dash to crowdfund the 5 Dash fee.
- This system promotes collaborative environment. If 1 person pay the 5 Dash fee and the proposal is not approved, this person lost a considerable amount. But if..say 15 persons support the 5 Dash fee and the proposal is not approved, each one loses an small amount.
- This System can be used like “filter” to see the acceptation of the proposal in the community, helping to powering it.
- This proposal although seem similar to "Grassroots Crowdfunding System", but have a different system and a different goal. Him tries to crowfunding small projects with a plan of score, mine one tries to crowfunding the 5 Dash fee to submit a proposal at budget, with the posibility of get reimbursement to the funders (If the proposal is voted YES).
This proposal will be submitted only if it works in the way it proposes (crowdfunding the 5 Dash), as a way to show (or not) its relevance
I encourage to everyone who believes in THIS proposal to make together the first exercise of FUND IT