• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal Miner for beginners that focuses on Dash

VPNSoltuions

So i've been kicking around the idea of a gui miner for months now. Now, this miner isn't for you or me. This miner is for thousands of 'noobs' - the goal is to target people who have heard of crypto but have no technical knowlege and to get them to install a miner 'screensaver' that runs when the computer is idle. This in turn would give them tiny amounts of crypto but also introduce them to our world. Keep in mind I would also receive a portion of the crypto they've mined (evil laugh).

So I put up some spreadsheets, tried to figure out 'average hashing power' and 'cost of acquisition' - which are the two key variables in determining profitability in this for me.

If I can get 100k installs @ $1 per install (which is very feasible, providing that we'll most likely do most of the promoting through video ads on youtube, and the product is FREE which is always a plus when it comes to conversions) then I think I can make $1-2 per month per install. Sounds good, right?

I mean, we're talking ROI in 1 month or less per install. And if we GIVE them crypto, and make sure that our software is not annoying (and allowing for tuning up or down hashing power, so to increase load or decrease load on the fan) - we should have these guys sticking with our software for a good long time.

The problem I have is purely financial. I just don't have the funds to get my two programmers working on this full time. One has a full-time job and the other is kinda mad at me right now because he's spent 3 months working on my last idea and the pay just hasn't shown up for either of us. We're looking at 1-2 months of work and this project is launched. From then on it's mostly getting installs.

So here's what im thinking. What if the mining app mined the most profitable coin at the moment and then sold it all for dash? This would create a positive buy-wall for the dash community. Anyone remember BlackCoin? Their whitepaper was genius.. Anyway.. Would the MNO's support a preposal of this sort?

If i've got 100k installs @ $200k/mo in crypto then that is $200k/mo in buy orders (roughly) going straight to dash. My goal isn't 100k installs - it's 1mil installs.

Again, the deal is thus: help fund my project, and in return the project will convert all coinage into dash. In fact, we kinda wanted to make this into a screensaver, so maybe even give some dash knowledge via RSS feeds right through the screensaver.

Also, if any of you are interested in partnering with me in private, im all ears!

Last edited:
Back