• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

PinIdea ASIC X11 Miner DU-1 (USB Version Hashrate 9 MH/s , Releasing in Mid-May 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to know why I have to babysit these things. Every time I turn around I have one of them either barely hashing or showing me 90GH/S.....which means it's fubar. :/
Hubs and power. My Superbpag 3.0 (14 amp) is great if it's plugged into a usb 2.0 port. But there's only room for four Du-1s. My new Anker 3.0 (10 amps) runs all five for a while in 2.0 or 3.0 ports and then crashes with a write failure. I suspect a driver problem there. You need full power to both plugs of the Du-1.

Hi,i´m interested in getting one unit (because now i can not afford more than one). Can anyone sell me one or tell me how can i get only one unit? Thank you beforehand

Wondering why there is null reply regarding our current issues. I have one DOA and one that only hashes at 300 the other 3 no issues. Of which I have to reset daily (often every time I check) or it goes bonkers; stops hashing reporting in the gh/s...... :(

Has anybody tried supplying additional power from a 2 amp cell phone charger using the supplied cables?

I'll try to test this this for everybody weekend.

- UnklAdM

I tried it. It looks that this scheme is working.

Now I have connected 4 units to PCI-E USB3 hub (data) and to reworked USB2 hub (only for additional power). All 4 are hashing for more than one hour (see the attachment).

Later I will try to run 6 of them on one PC (Win7 x64).

Attachments

• upload_2016-7-2_12-55-55.png
    upload_2016-7-2_12-55-55.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 187
Would love to know why I have to babysit these things. Every time I turn around I have one of them either barely hashing or showing me 90GH/S.....which means it's fubar. :/
I had some issues using these things as running down to nothing at times as singles, but all together on the hub the issue doesnt surface.
But, should not be happening, I agree.
A lesson for both sides so far.
My impressions of them has forced me to buy another X11 Russian Lake 600. Visibly different quality, instant performance, true to stated specs, get on with other tasks in my life, sleep at night.

Hi! Is Pinidea support still alive? - Now trying to modd Scrypta image from Baikal to work with DU-1 - and got stuck at receiving ASIC data from cgminer via API - it returns NOTHING for dev/edevs... Looks like it needs some special command or it is not implemented...

Some more testings show that DU-1 is not returned by devs api call. Not like PGA, not like ASC. But it is shown in the devdetails api call. So please could you fix it - so it will be easy to create a control utility for them. Thanks!

Scrypta from Baikal works flawlessly with DU-1s (now running 5 miners) except for ASIC detection - it shows ZERO devices and so 0 hashrate. But pool side, start-stop-restart and miner recovery works OK.

Erased firmware on my DU- 1, can somebody from members of the forum to help me ?
If somebody dumped firmware and put it on the forum , I 'll be very grateful.
Read is not locked, i try to read and write with avrdude. MCU is aymega16u2

And yet still no reply...... I would like know why none of use have heard *anything* regarding the issues we face.

And yet still no reply...... I would like know why none of use have heard *anything* regarding the issues we face.
Maybe it is frightening to face a lot of angry people when you have no answers. To supposedly put things right may also cause serious financial issues. Anyway I am going to sell the ones I got.

Maybe it is frightening to face a lot of angry people when you have no answers. To supposedly put things right may also cause serious financial issues. Anyway I am going to sell the ones I got.

I actually received an extra two a few days ago for my troubles of a mixed up shipment. :D Once I was able to converse with them, everything was handled beyond my expectations. I only wish I received them all sooner while there might have been more profit.

I can only run them all at 300 due to power supplied, but the extra two make up the difference (12 total).

Greetings to all. I was able to fix its two miners. The solution is simple, you need to fill in the correct firmware.

It is not correct firmware, i dumped from working device
You must set correct fuses
Fuses is on png file
And this is my dump
Clock 400 work only on raspberry pi and ubuntu, windows version not working correct, and working only on 300.
Windows version give 6.5MH

Attachments

• 222.png
    222.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back