• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

PEOPLE OF DASH: Tante Stefana, Masternode Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

stellabelle

peopleofdash_tante.jpg

A new series focuses on the people of the Dash community and shows the different perspectives and diversity of our growing global tribe.

Here's the full article: https://medium.com/dash-for-newbies/people-of-dash-tante-stefana-masternode-owner-e4091051f194

Tante Stefana has some very astute observations and insights into Dash and its leadership.

Tante's story of how she originally found Dash was interesting. Here's an excerpt:

Stella: How did you find out about Dash?

TS: Well, back in early December of 2013, Bitcoin was making a lot of headlines, and my husband was reading an article to me about it. We’d heard of Bitcoin but this article made us curious and we started wondering how it worked, so we both got out of bed and started researching. And we went down the rabbit hole. While I learned how to mine on my computer, my hubby read about the happenings in Bitcoin. Together, with our desks facing each other, we sort of learned double time. I the technical, he the political.

By this point, my husband realized people were making lots of money on the new coins that came out, by mining them early. We were also hearing all the news about Bitcoin not being private, etc… and so this one post on BitcoinTalk.org caught his attention. Someone was going to start a new coin that will be a privacy coin. Oh, good one! Of course, we lost the forum page, and in a panic, had to dig through the forum to find that post again, but we found it about a day and a half before launch. When it launched, I had trouble getting my computer to run the mining program, and because I was so shy, I didn’t ask for help until about 2 days in. So I kind of missed out on the easy early coins, but still got in early enough to mine one and a half masternodes before mining became too hard to continue. When the plan for Masternodes came out later that spring, I scrambled to buy 400 more coins to get the second node.

Update on Dash For Newbies Medium publication follower count: 404.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back