• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode Docker

darkness

Has anyone successfully managed to get a masternode working in docker?
I tried THIS, but couldn't get it to load up.
I have also seen some unofficial ones but not sure if it's wise to trust them.

Last edited:
In order to get a Masternode (or an Evonode) working in Docker / container system on either Testnet or Mainnet, you will need to use Dashmate.
Note : i suspect the Debian package shows an outdated dashmate version (0.25.15-1 ?), maybe best to use Node package installation and install latest Dashmate version through npm.

If you want to test this on Testnet, you can use this faucet : https://faucet.testnet.networks.dash.org/ (use promo code masternode)
The faucet is a bit wonky (bugs out sometimes and can only be used once per hour), but should work in the end. It should get you 1000 tdash.
You will need to have a VPS with a dedicated ip address. For Testnet maybe the minimum requirements will do, not sure :

Knipsel.JPG

Once you have this all figured out and decided to run Dashmate on Mainnet, you can use this guide for future Dashmate use : https://www.dash.org/forum/index.ph...e-or-masternode-setup-through-dashmate.54445/

Last edited:
Thanks, but Dashmate itself seems to be a program/script which runs the masternode as a docker container? Is there any way to run the masternode directly as a docker container by using a docker-compose file for example? I have other containers running so would be nice to manage them all together without installing anything directly to the system.

I don't know… so I write ;-) But have you actually tried building your own image? I might be totally wrong for some reasons but I wonder what prevents taking one of the official GNU/Linux bases and adding all the dash stuff you'd have to add to a non-containerised masternode installation from working just fine?

Back