• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Looking for Help Getting my Coins

2Stars

I have been a long time fan of Dash, back when it was even Darkcoin. Evan and the team continually reaffirm this with the innovation and the work they put in. I have been a long time holder, but have recently went to access my coins and can not get them. I hold Dash and BTC mainly, but when I moved my wallet.dat file that was previously from DRK into DASH it is now encrypted. I know, I know, everyone will say that I encrypted it...but I didn't. My coins are there in the new wallet, but it is encrypted. I have about 20 different passwords I use and I have tried all of them, plus many derivatives of them with no luck. I have looked everywhere for a known bug like this when taking DRK > DASH and have seen nothing. I have also looked to find an old Darkcoin wallet to download to at least see if it is encrypted when in that wallet. Does anyone have an old Darkcoin core Windows 64-bit executable? Does anyone have good advice, or encountered this problem? I don't have this issue with any of the other coins I stored....Thank you in advance for any help.

I have been a long time fan of Dash, back when it was even Darkcoin. Evan and the team continually reaffirm this with the innovation and the work they put in. I have been a long time holder, but have recently went to access my coins and can not get them. I hold Dash and BTC mainly, but when I moved my wallet.dat file that was previously from DRK into DASH it is now encrypted. I know, I know, everyone will say that I encrypted it...but I didn't. My coins are there in the new wallet, but it is encrypted. I have about 20 different passwords I use and I have tried all of them, plus many derivatives of them with no luck. I have looked everywhere for a known bug like this when taking DRK > DASH and have seen nothing. I have also looked to find an old Darkcoin wallet to download to at least see if it is encrypted when in that wallet. Does anyone have an old Darkcoin core Windows 64-bit executable? Does anyone have good advice, or encountered this problem? I don't have this issue with any of the other coins I stored....Thank you in advance for any help.
Hi,

you can find historical binaries here --> https://github.com/dashpay/dash-binaries

e.g. Darkcoin 0.11.1.25 --> https://github.com/dashpay/dash-binaries/tree/6911aa585ce091d77accbfc36904b0372ae4b79b

Note: These binaries will not sync with the blockchain, you'll just be able to test/verify your encryption issue.

HTH, Holger

Thank you for this, I had been looking. The wallet is still encrypted in DRK core. Do you have a suggestion for a brute force to try password combos? If I put this password on it it couldn't be far off from of combination of
about 20 different ones I use.

Back