• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Improving DASH Market Liquidity

pavgup

I'll be brief, but I've been following dash for a little while and it (amongst a few other top-tier cryptocurrencies) sit in a uniquely illiquid universe. Trading volume against the currency is painfully low against most currency pairings. In general, that simply means there's a larger space between bid and asks and small players can make significant impacts to the value of the currency in a moment. This spread problem manifests itself in other consumer-facing ways as well -- large spreads (or weak order books) can mean high prices for instant movement of currencies to dash and vice versa. The fee you might pay to trade the currency is low, but the cost to move the currency around quickly is high.

Improved dash liquidity, generally, could likely result in a stronger and more sustainable dash market value and certainly a more easily accessed value store.

Dash isn't a fly-by-night cryptocurrency at this point. I wonder, why doesn't dash have a more active group of traders and a far more liquid marketplace to operate within? Is Kraken the solution? And am I just wrong about my thesis above?

Back