• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DashPay Reddit and dash.org/forum not user friendly towards price speculation and market discussion

qwizzie

On the DashPay Reddit forum (https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/) there are 10 rules in place that DashPay Reddit users need to keep in mind :

Knipsel.JPG

With regards to rule 9, additional info read as follows :

Knipsel.JPG

I just took a look at r/DashMarket (which i never even heard of) and unsurprisingly there is very little activity there with regards to Dash market and Dash price talk. It makes me wonder why rule 9 includes Market and price talk to this day, preventing DashPay Reddit users from talking about Market, Dash price, technical analyses and anything else in regards to the price of Dash on DashPay Reddit.

I would like to see rule 9 adjusted to specifically exclude market and price talk as its alternative r/DashMarket is most likely unknown to Dash users and is not drawing any users. As the Dash bear market looks to be slowly turning into a Dash bull market, i think it is important that Dash users can use the DashPay Reddit forum freely to talk about this.

With regards to this dash.org/forum i also think we are missing an visible landing place for users new to Dash or new to this forum to talk about the Dash Price and the Dash Market. The 'Markets' sub forum is completely shutoff to user discussions, i think i read somewhere due to low usage (which is a very strange reason for shutting off public discussions for a public sub-forum completely and permanently). And just looking at the sub forums in general it is pretty difficult to find the sub forum to talk about the Dash market and the Dash price here. You really have to know it is a sub-forum named Speculation inside the Economy part.

Knipsel.JPG

Why not re-open 'Markets' for public discussions, rename it 'Market and Price Discussion' and move everything from Economy - Speculation to the reopened 'Market and Price Discussion' ? That would show Dash users very easily where to post their Dash market and Dash Price Discussions and make 'Markets' functional again. The sub forums inside Markets (Charts, Exchanges, CoinMarketCap, Coingecko) can stay there stickied as sub forums.

If we are serious about wanting and needing to attract new Dash users to our Dash forums, we should make it easy for them to talk about the Dash Market, the Dash Price and everything that comes with that. This would in a way be promoting and marketing Dash and is therefore beneficial to Dash.

Last edited:
The Dash market is something I've never heard of. How does that market operate? Is this a cryptocurrency market or something else?

The Dash market is something I've never heard of. How does that market operate? Is this a cryptocurrency market or something else?

On Reddit it is a place where Dash users can post anything related to the Dash price and to the Dash crypto market in general.
It was created in 2015, but never got any traction. You can find it here : https://www.reddit.com/r/dashmarket/
Rarely any posts since 2015, and the posts that we do find in there are old.

On dash.org/forum i seem to recall 'Markets' (to the left, between Members and Merchants) was a meeting place, but where people could offer products or services related to Dash. That got closed-off it seems.

Correction : i think i confused Markets (to the left) with MarketPlace (under Economics), that one got locked due to low participation and seems to have been the meeting place where people could offer products or services related to Dash.

Knipsel.JPG

I still think 'Markets' is theoretically the best place to discuss the Dash price and the Dash crypto market in general, as it is really visible and easy to find for Dash users.

By the way, directly clicking on 'Merchants' (to the left) won't load for me, too many redirects. If others have the same problem, then someone with edit access to this forum should fix that link.

Last edited:
On Reddit it is a place where Dash users can post anything related to the Dash price and to the Dash crypto market in general.
It was created in 2015, but never got any traction. You can find it here : https://www.reddit.com/r/dashmarket/

On dash.org/forum i seem to recall 'Markets' (to the left, between Members and Merchants) was a meeting place, but where people could offer products or services related to Dash. That got closed-off it seems.

Correction : i think i confused Markets (to the left) with MarketPlace (under Economics), that one got locked due to low participation and seems to have been the meeting place where people could offer products or services related to Dash.

View attachment 11615

I still think 'Markets' is theoretically the best place to discuss the Dash price and the Dash crypto market in general, as it is really visible and easy to find for Dash users.

By the way, directly clicking on 'Merchants' (to the left) won't load for me, too many redirects. If others have the same problem, then someone with edit access to this forum should fix that link.

Marketplace got locked in part because it was drawing mostly spam, not just the low Dash user engagement.

View attachment 11615

@splawik21 @strophy qwizzie is right, Merchant tab seems to be broken, the tab header itself, the DashDirect subheader works. Pyament Processors sub header also broken.

10 days ago I sent you a mod invite, qwizzie. Click accept and rewrite the rule. Even though I don't see the point. You're probably the first person in years to even notice them.

Anyway, it's not like we all sat down and came up with these rules in some sort of vote or large consensus event. I've never received any guidance from Ryan, Fernando or anyone else responsible for marketing and PR within DCG. Left to my own devices I was forced to come up with rules to prevent the place from turning into a hellhole. These rules have not been touched in years. Of course in the meantime most of the links across the sidebar have died or were removed entirely. Remember Dashradar, Dashous, Dashnexus anyone?

It's been almost six years now (back when we were drowning in Treasury funds) since I have asked for the subreddit to get a professional makeover, including a new set of visuals, features, CSS & above all: paid mods (I would have happily resigned then). DCG never cared and refused to see the value in what is today a 45k subscriber asset. I don't see any new volunteers stepping up either.

User engagement is low, general activity is low, enthusiasm seems almost fake, look and feel of the page is outdated, I could go on... The place is on life-support and barely breathing.

Looking at these major issues, I think rewriting some obsolete, almost entirely ignored rule is the least of our problems in regards to the sub.

10 days ago I sent you a mod invite, qwizzie. Click accept and rewrite the rule.

That landed in my spam folder (or looked like spam .. i am not sure) and after briefly reading it i did not think it was genuine, nor was it appearent that it came directly from you. The invite looked from the outside kinda fishy and came completely out of the blue, so i deleted it. I have no moderator aspiration, and most certainly not for a Reddit sub forum like https://www.reddit.com/r/dashmarket/ that is so very dead for years.

At least i seem to recall that invite was specifically for moderating https://www.reddit.com/r/dashmarket/ , not for moderating our DashPay Reddit.
Anyways, i am not interested in moderating on Reddit or on Dash.org/forum.

The less moderating on the Dash forums, the better in my eyes.
And maybe now is the time to revisit some of those DashPay Reddit forum rules, as forum rules seem to be the easiest to change (after reaching consensus on it).

And in this specific situation i only asked to change one little rule (rule 9) on the DashPay Reddit, to make it more easy for Dash users to engage in Dash price and market discussions on the DashPay Reddit. And i asked to support Dash price and market discussions also better on dash.org/forum, by raising visibility to it.

I am not asking to revisit all the rules on the DashPay Reddit and i don't feel like i am asking for major changes on dash.org/forum

User engagement is low, general activity is low, enthusiasm seems almost fake, look and feel of the page is outdated
I am open to suggestions on how to improve this. My suggestion to improve this is by openly allowing Dash price and market discussions on DashPay Reddit and just let go of the https://www.reddit.com/r/dashmarket/ alltogether, maybe other DashPay Reddit users / Dash users have other suggestions ?

We do have a decentralized budget at our disposel, and a lowered 1 dash proposal fee. Maybe you can ask for funding to get DashPay Reddit refreshed and updated ? Perhaps no need to have this go through DCG ?

Ultimately i think we need to promote Dash more from the DashPay Reddit and from the dash.org/forum and less from Discord (which i suspect where most of the Dash price and market discussions take place). But since both the DashPay Reddit and the dash.org/forum have been neglected over the years, that will require some changes.

Last edited:
Of course it was an invite for r/dashpay. I do not own and cannot send invites for r/dashmarkets and even if I did, it would have been a rather cruel joke to invite you to mod a dead subreddit, don't you think? Plus, why would I invite you to r/dashmarkets before you even created this 6 day old thread here on the forum?

But your response just illustrates the problem. Everyone agrees that someone should to something, but no one does.

My suggestion to improve this is by openly allowing Dash price and market discussions on DashPay Reddit and just let go of the https://www.reddit.com/r/dashmarket/ alltogether

As I said: No one, including me, cares about r/dashmarket and no one enforces pricetalk to take place there.

We do have a decentralized budget at our disposel, and a lowered 1 dash proposal fee. Maybe you can ask for funding to get DashPay Reddit refreshed and updated ? Perhaps no need to have this go through DCG ?
Not my job.

In fact, strike that. A job is paid.

Not part of my volunteer work.

I do not own r/dashpay and I have no reason to ask for funding. I have no interest in going through the hassle of campaigning for a proposal, hire people, distribute funds, provide accounting and a shit ton of other thankless work. I've been doing this unpaid mod job since 2015 and all I ever wanted was to be relieved of it. The last thing I'm gonna do is run a proposal.

No. As the inheritors of the subreddit's creator Evan, it is DCGs job to step up and take ownership and most importantly responsibility for it. Somehow that's working for their Twitter presence, so what's the problem?

As I said: No one, including me, cares about r/dashmarket and no one enforces pricetalk to take place there.

If no one enforces pricetalk to take place on r/dashmarket, then i don't see the problem with changing rule 9 (which very visibly and publicly to Dash users states the very opposite)

Knipsel.JPG

Knipsel.JPG

I don't know who should adjust it exactly, but someone should (and yes, i am aware this illustrates the problem). As it is clearly giving the impression to Dash users that they can not post anything about the Dash price or the Dash market on the DashPay Reddit.

Dash users will not know that this rule is not being enforced, with regards to Dash price and market talk. And it may even have driven them away from the DashPay Reddit forum. I know it turned me away from posting any technical analysis (TA) posts with regards to the Dash price, because that rule is very up in our face there.

With regards to the moderator invite : you are right, that was for the DashPay Reddit forum (i found the invite back under messages on Reddit).
The invite ended with : 'otherwise, if you did not expect to receive this, you can simply ignore this invitation or report it.'
There was also a link in there, that made me hesistant about the invite in the first place.

So i guess i ended up just ignoring it and forgetting about it, untill you brought it up. And then i remembered it incorrectly.
Sorry about that. Thank you for the mod invite, but moderating DashPay Reddit (or any forum) is just not something for me.

And maybe you are right, maybe DCG should take ownership and responsebility for DashPay Reddit.
Just like they do for the dash.org/forum and Twitter.

Last edited:
On the DashPay Reddit forum (https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/) there are 10 rules in place that DashPay Reddit users need to keep in mind :

View attachment 11608

With regards to rule 9, additional info read as follows :

View attachment 11610

I just took a look at r/DashMarket (which i never even heard of) and unsurprisingly there is very little activity there with regards to Dash market and Dash price talk. It makes me wonder why rule 9 includes Market and price talk to this day, preventing DashPay Reddit users from talking about Market, Dash price, technical analyses and anything else in regards to the price of Dash on DashPay Reddit.

I would like to see rule 9 adjusted to specifically exclude market and price talk as its alternative r/DashMarket is most likely unknown to Dash users and is not drawing any users. As the Dash bear market looks to be slowly turning into a Dash bull market, i think it is important that Dash users can use the DashPay Reddit forum freely to talk about this.

With regards to this dash.org/forum i also think we are missing an visible landing place for users new to Dash or new to this forum to talk about the Dash Price and the Dash Market. The 'Markets' sub forum is completely shutoff to user discussions, i think i read somewhere due to low usage (which is a very strange reason for shutting off public discussions for a public sub-forum completely and permanently). And just looking at the sub forums in general it is pretty difficult to find the sub forum to talk about the Dash market and the Dash price here. You really have to know it is a sub-forum named Speculation inside the Economy part.

View attachment 11611

Why not re-open 'Markets' for public discussions, rename it 'Market and Price Discussion' and move everything from Economy - Speculation to the reopened 'Market and Price Discussion' ? That would show Dash users very easily where to post their Dash market and Dash Price Discussions and make 'Markets' functional again. The sub forums inside Markets (Charts, Exchanges, CoinMarketCap, Coingecko) can stay there stickied as sub forums.

If we are serious about wanting and needing to attract new Dash users to our Dash forums, we should make it easy for them to talk about the Dash Market, the Dash Price and everything that comes with that. This would in a way be promoting and marketing Dash and is therefore beneficial to Dash.

As far as Forum price discussion, afaik, we haven't had a long overdue Forum upgrade yet, there is a lot of reworking of menus I'd like to see as an Admin, but until that process is completed, it would be a stopgap measure.
Why don't you just use Off Topic for price discussion for now, that is easily navigable.

Back