• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash-qt Wallet Wont Connect to Peers

FTLBonnie

Hello,
My Dash-qt Wallet wont connect to peers. It says it is syncing but the progress is frozen at 98.60% and has been since Dec 14th. Progress increase per hour 0%. The first thing I tried to do was update to the current wallet, 20.0.4. Then I tried to rebuild blockchain file 1 then 2 then rebuild index. I am at a loss and have no clue how to access my Dash again.

Hello,
My Dash-qt Wallet wont connect to peers. It says it is syncing but the progress is frozen at 98.60% and has been since Dec 14th. Progress increase per hour 0%. The first thing I tried to do was update to the current wallet, 20.0.4. Then I tried to rebuild blockchain file 1 then 2 then rebuild index. I am at a loss and have no clue how to access my Dash again.

Forwarded your post to Discord to get a quicker answer for you.

There are a few things that could cause this--especially if the wallet was on a much older version before, which means a database migration also took place.

The first things to check are the basics:

1) has the machine run out of disk space?

2) has the machine run out of RAM? (reindexing can use two or three times what the qt-wallet normally consumes in order to fully complete) This would usually result in a crash vs a pause in syncing, though.

3) is the internet connection on that machine working?

4) Does your dash.conf contain any connection-related commands such as "addnode"? Go to File > Open Wallet Configuration File and see what's in there. If you make changes, (comment out with # or delete things), they won't take effect until you restart the wallet.

I would first make note of the current block height in the Information window to see where it is stuck. Then just try closing and reopening the wallet and observe what happens. See if it connects to peers and starts syncing. See if gets stuck on the exact same block It could mean you're on a wrong fork.

For advanced troubleshooting, you will have to check the debug.log to see any error messages that show up during startup.

Forwarded your post to Discord to get a quicker answer for you.
Yeah its me, I cant reply in the messages though, seems to think im spaming

They fixed it

Attachments

• download-10.jpg
    download-10.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
There are a few things that could cause this--especially if the wallet was on a much older version before, which means a database migration also took place.

The first things to check are the basics:

1) has the machine run out of disk space?

2) has the machine run out of RAM? (reindexing can use two or three times what the qt-wallet normally consumes in order to fully complete) This would usually result in a crash vs a pause in syncing, though.

3) is the internet connection on that machine working?

4) Does your dash.conf contain any connection-related commands such as "addnode"? Go to File > Open Wallet Configuration File and see what's in there. If you make changes, (comment out with # or delete things), they won't take effect until you restart the wallet.

I would first make note of the current block height in the Information window to see where it is stuck. Then just try closing and reopening the wallet and observe what happens. See if it connects to peers and starts syncing. See if gets stuck on the exact same block It could mean you're on a wrong fork.

For advanced troubleshooting, you will have to check the debug.log to see any error messages that show up during startup.
1-3 Are not problems but thank you.
4 I opened it and it was just a blank page.
5 (current block height) the block height 1987904 is what it is frozen at. But the problem, sorry if I wasn't clear, is that it will not connect to peers at all.

Is there any other way besides rebuild blockchain file 1, 2 or rebuild index that I should try?

Thank you for responding and sorry I am just getting the time to pay attention to this again

1-3 Are not problems but thank you.
4 I opened it and it was just a blank page.
5 (current block height) the block height 1987904 is what it is frozen at. But the problem, sorry if I wasn't clear, is that it will not connect to peers at all.

Is there any other way besides rebuild blockchain file 1, 2 or rebuild index that I should try?

Thank you for responding and sorry I am just getting the time to pay attention to this again

Try deleting the peers.dat file
Try looking inside your debug.log at the end for errors

Last option is to delete everything except your wallet.dat file (make a backup of that file first with wallet closed / not running) and download and sync everything from scratch. You can use a Dash bootstrap to shorten your blockchain download time --> https://github.com/UdjinM6/dash-bootstrap (you will need to add a commandline option in your shortcut). Rightclick shortcut, click on properties and add the commandline option
-loadblock=/path/to/bootstrap.dat (change path to where you downloaded and stored your bootstrap file) at the target of your shortcut.

Example of a shortcut target where both the dash-qt.exe and the Dash bootstrap.dat file are stored at C:\Dash\DashCore and the data directory is stored at C:\Dash\DashCore\Data :

C:\Dash\DashCore\dash-qt.exe -datadir="C:\Dash\DashCore\Data" -loadblock=C:\Dash\DashCore\bootstrap.dat

Your wallet will then go straight to syncing your blockchain, which could take awhile. If you download the 1st of March Dash bootstrap for mainnet, it will sync your wallet up to block 2030114 and additionally sync from there. Don't forget to remove the commandline option -loadblock after you are done with your wallet. The bootstrap.dat file can then be removed as well.

Last edited:
Check in the peers if you have some old like v19 peer you might be connected to, if so remove it and it should sync forward. If that does not work do the steps @qwizzie suggested you from above.

Back