• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash launchpad: Russian-speaking community's engagement, awareness and expansion

VONCAN

Picsart_23-07-11_11-34-07-757.jpg

Proposal on DashCentral Current situation / 269 Yes / 0 No / 0 Abstain

My proposal needs additional 75 Yes votes to become funded. Please vote

Getting Started

The launch of the platform is just around the corner, and although it is still early to promote the platform, it is worthwhile to start preparing for it.

The Russian-speaking market is important and large, with approximately 260 million Russian speakers, and people from the CIS countries are heavily involved in the world of cryptocurrency. And the Russian-speaking Dash community is already quite large and is in second or third place after the main English-speaking community.

But there is a big problem - the flow of information that reaches the Russian-speaking community is quite small - of course, everything can be found in Eng groups, Discord or documentation....

Most get stuck at the language barrier.

Despite the fact that auto-translators can do a lot these days, experience has shown that it is very important to have at least basic information about Dash and the latest news and data from every corner of the Dash ecosystem in Russian in an optimized and easy-to-understand form.

We in the chat always try to give answers to questions that arise, but sometimes you need to give a comprehensive and accurate answer with all the details, and giving a link even to the Russian section of the Dash documentation, we can lose a person, because: it's complicated, huge and scary). And unfortunately not always fully translated into Russian.

Although the work inside the chat is important, but probably not everyone asks the questions they want, for some reason, or just do not reach our chat, because it simply does not exist on the Dash.org, and many who were looking for it, I think, after a few attempts quit trying and went to other projects.

What I want to do

The first
and most important thing that I believe it is necessary and can be done relatively without large investments, is the constant presence of Dash in the main social networks, messengers, thereby maximizing the ease of obtaining quality information about Dash.

I plan to focus on Telegram, because in the CIS and the world, in my opinion, it has become the number 1 messenger.

In addition, there will be the development of the community in VK.com

The second thing I'm going to do, and already do, is write articles about Dash. In my opinion, articles should be clearly written and contain a lot of important and useful information. In articles you can reveal the features of Dash, its advantages over other cryptocurrencies, share news about Dash, make various tutorials so that every ordinary participant of the Internet could use the opportunities of Dash and know where and why it will give him an advantage.

There's publishing in native services, such as telegra.ph for Telegram and similar for VK, so that users can get content without leaving their favorite application.

And VC.ru, habr.com and, if necessary, other sites like dzen.ru.

The third is the publication of various videos about Dash. Here, as with articles, there is a huge field of possibilities, and the field is unplowed.

First of all, YouTube, both long and short videos.
Then TikTok + Likee.
In addition, interaction with Bastyon.com

Who am I?

I'm Voncan (Vonny), closely familiar with Dash since 2019, as well as cryptocurrency in general. I have experience in communication and cooperation with people from most of DFO. Currently I am preparing for implementation a lot of good ideas to improve the presence and use of Dash in Russian-speaking countries, and at the moment I have a considerable amount of time to work for the benefit of Dash. Since about the end of 2020 I have been a moderator of the Telegram chat of the Russian-speaking community: @dash_ru. Since the beginning of 2023 I've been running my own channel about Dash (@Dash_archiv), translating published articles and creating understandable articles based on DCG's Sprint Reports and Incubator Weekly, creating various news and educational media content, which is sent to the main chats. I myself use Dash in my life wherever possible and am very excited about this opportunity.

My Telegram account is @V_O_NCAN, if you have any questions about the proposal you can write to me in English or in chat @Dash_ru.

Proposal on Russian - https://telegra.ph/Byudzhetnoe-predlozhenie-09-11

In general, Dash has optional privacy and the ability to transfer to anyone, anywhere, as much as you want and when it is convenient, this is just what can help many CIS residents.

Statistics and all links to resources have been put in a separate article on telegra.ph.

Last edited:
How are you capturing the results of your efforts?

Will you provide social media metrics on how many real individuals are the receivers of your campaign?

View attachment 12100

Proposal on DashCentral Current situation / 269 Yes / 0 No / 0 Abstain

My proposal needs additional 75 Yes votes to become funded. Please vote

Getting Started

The launch of the platform is just around the corner, and although it is still early to promote the platform, it is worthwhile to start preparing for it.

The Russian-speaking market is important and large, with approximately 260 million Russian speakers, and people from the CIS countries are heavily involved in the world of cryptocurrency. And the Russian-speaking Dash community is already quite large and is in second or third place after the main English-speaking community.

But there is a big problem - the flow of information that reaches the Russian-speaking community is quite small - of course, everything can be found in Eng groups, Discord or documentation....

Most get stuck at the language barrier.

Despite the fact that auto-translators can do a lot these days, experience has shown that it is very important to have at least basic information about Dash and the latest news and data from every corner of the Dash ecosystem in Russian in an optimized and easy-to-understand form.

We in the chat always try to give answers to questions that arise, but sometimes you need to give a comprehensive and accurate answer with all the details, and giving a link even to the Russian section of the Dash documentation, we can lose a person, because: it's complicated, huge and scary). And unfortunately not always fully translated into Russian.

Although the work inside the chat is important, but probably not everyone asks the questions they want, for some reason, or just do not reach our chat, because it simply does not exist on the Dash.org, and many who were looking for it, I think, after a few attempts quit trying and went to other projects.

What I want to do

The first
and most important thing that I believe it is necessary and can be done relatively without large investments, is the constant presence of Dash in the main social networks, messengers, thereby maximizing the ease of obtaining quality information about Dash.

I plan to focus on Telegram, because in the CIS and the world, in my opinion, it has become the number 1 messenger.

In addition, there will be the development of the community in VK.com

The second thing I'm going to do, and already do, is write articles about Dash. In my opinion, articles should be clearly written and contain a lot of important and useful information. In articles you can reveal the features of Dash, its advantages over other cryptocurrencies, share news about Dash, make various tutorials so that every ordinary participant of the Internet could use the opportunities of Dash and know where and why it will give him an advantage.

There's publishing in native services, such as telegra.ph for Telegram and similar for VK, so that users can get content without leaving their favorite application.

And VC.ru, habr.com and, if necessary, other sites like dzen.ru.

The third is the publication of various videos about Dash. Here, as with articles, there is a huge field of possibilities, and the field is unplowed.

First of all, YouTube, both long and short videos.
Then TikTok + Likee.
In addition, interaction with Bastyon.com

Who am I?

I'm Voncan (Vonny), closely familiar with Dash since 2019, as well as cryptocurrency in general. I have experience in communication and cooperation with people from most of DFO. Currently I am preparing for implementation a lot of good ideas to improve the presence and use of Dash in Russian-speaking countries, and at the moment I have a considerable amount of time to work for the benefit of Dash. Since about the end of 2020 I have been a moderator of the Telegram chat of the Russian-speaking community: @dash_ru. Since the beginning of 2023 I've been running my own channel about Dash (@Dash_archiv), translating published articles and creating understandable articles based on DCG's Sprint Reports and Incubator Weekly, creating various news and educational media content, which is sent to the main chats. I myself use Dash in my life wherever possible and am very excited about this opportunity.

My Telegram account is @V_O_NCAN, if you have any questions about the proposal you can write to me in English or in chat @Dash_ru.

Proposal on Russian - https://telegra.ph/Byudzhetnoe-predlozhenie-09-11

In general, Dash has optional privacy and the ability to transfer to anyone, anywhere, as much as you want and when it is convenient, this is just what can help many CIS residents.

Statistics and all links to resources have been put in a separate article on telegra.ph.

Voted yes on your proposal. You may want to reach out to Infrastructure to add your chat links to main org website.

How are you capturing the results of your efforts?

Will you provide social media metrics on how many real individuals are the receivers of your campaign?
The first thing I want to say is that the first priority is to create content and restore media awareness of the Russian-speaking community, at the moment I do not plan to conduct global marketing campaigns.

I can't give you a list of metrics at the moment, I will have to decide on a set of metrics that reflect the actual situation and, as you say at DC, are difficult to fake.

But the metrics will be published & delivered to community further.

A new proposal has been created, please vote

What have I done?

The first thing to say is that it wasn't exactly planned originally, but thanks to Dash Italia, I remembered it and put it to work. In October 2023, I got access to translate the resources in Transifex into Russian. So far I have made 100% progress in the main sections, namely Dash Core, Documentation, Dash Electrum.
E-go8zKoLHbYD8cyZkC2pUwfsExFRGqOHmvQE2V0PwQksPDNipi0NUw50rEybQE0dzQ4DavSXndwADprxLxDc37Y9THPfMAbUbnh4LjtUqIMTga_0ID4ydCkbkwPA-MfaKoCXEaEGgQlAFcuUvzYYTc
OlXynIxdN9jYiV_9wWXFq2cwIiv-VqqX9F3alKikxvVp-5gS043hjI4w9XHZa6FPKRizvG2Yn8ruPrLg7QLvIuNzZi2uYXO7Kqr8RvxLdEBX9Shfffg8dcmv0ycjUYyvLUXJSOIWvGyH4MyaGI4bj1A

Over 5,000 previously translated words have been corrected, and almost 50,000 new words have been translated. Only Dash Graphics and Dash Videos remain to be gradually translated, I haven't done it yet because I'm not sure if it's up to date or if it's necessary at all, but I'll get to that. In general, I am waiting for the need for a new translation.

The first thing I planned was to focus on Dash's presence in Telegram and secondarily in VK. These are popular messenger and social network in CIS countries.

In Telegram, a handy mini ecosystem has been created.
There is a welcoming channel (@Dash4ndFuture) that has infographics and basic information about Dash, and actual links to resources within Telegram, to be more specific:

1. Link to chat about Dash (@Dash_ru)
There were no significant changes in the chat. But it is worth noting the increase in subscribers from 1526 to 1646.

1. Link to news channel (@Dash_ru_channel)
-My_yV92ufKFlxCFvhsqGsZuC01b5IXlm021aWJoZ6vM648Z4nhPeYsFSHFZlgB2-xHJPJotrzt4sHPR8Ci1uV7NS9B6DKz0pI0CySGW68j4gFeeudK9T3tUx-7Vx7AhCNCcQ2Pb6G0gt51AVg-3r-8

It also got some subscribers at first (because probably some of them lost interest in Dash and when I started posting news, they left the channel because of the increased activity), but now the number of subscribers is growing. I started posting the channel on September 8th, then there were 446 subscribers then and now - 465.

It asked for real statistics, so here's the number of publications, which has increased a lot. People started getting quality content in Russian about Dash on time. That is 7-8 times more content than was usually published. And this content is of much higher quality than short "spam-like" posts...

UX6r_qXUa62LbkCNlmJb4wClmt7bp27fhGx5JCJL6XZWnMOpy8lBcFgzreU5MqRXMgGBD12sN0ZWY87fd5tSBOZ1w9eXZJZiqghmCSGDLgFMWPWqDwqqpeRE59GFwxt4h_kQ8Ml-cpF05EBlFelXB1Q

The channel publishes news fully adapted to the Russian-speaking audience, and if necessary, articles are written and published on ForkLog, Habr or other resources. If there are new articles in English, they are also translated and published. The channel provides information about all events and broadcasts, and almost all videos/streams published by projects within the Dash ecosystem are either short summaries or rather long and comprehensive articles. For example, every DCG development update is a full structured article with all the information from the stream. We also publish a weekly wrap-up post that summarizes the previous week's events.

The channel publishes news which are fully adapted to the Russian-speaking audience, and if necessary, articles are written and published on ForkLog, Habr or other resources. If new articles in English appear, it is also translated and published. The channel provides information about all events and broadcasts, and almost all videos/streams published by projects within the Dash ecosystem results in a short summary or rather in a long and comprehensive article. For example, every DCG development update becomes a fully structured article with all the information from the stream. We also publish a weekly wrap-up post that summarizes the previous week's events.

1. Link to Dash support bot (@DashHelp_robot)
This is a newly created telegram bot that you can use to get technical support on Dash and generally get answers to your questions. It is oriented towards Russian-speaking users. And it is a good complement to the @Dash_ru chat room.

Due to the language barrier, not everyone speaks enough English to properly translate their problems, and not everyone is willing to register on the site and leave a ticket (and not everyone finds the site, as practice shows).

English news telegram channel (@Dash_on_pulse)
It was decided to run another news channel in English, because the official one is R.I.P. In general there are about the same publications as in the Russian channel. At the moment this channel has 50 subscribers.

VK (vk.com/dash.russia) (0 to 30 subscribers)
Already had an old community in VK, but due to some technical problems, was organized a new community Dash Russia, currently 30 subscribers. VK is the most popular social network in Russia, with a fairly wide age range. Publications in vk duplicate all the information from Telegram. Also VK is quite well indexed by search engines, so now it is quite easy to find information about any event related to Dash through search engines, and this is very good.

Bastyon (bastyon.com/dashru) (47 to 54 subscribers)

The most important posts from Telegram are published here.

The second thing I wanted to do was to write articles about Dash.

I published articles on ForkLog, some articles were translated and published on Habr, the rest of the articles were published on telegra.ph or directly as articles on the social network. One article with a timeline of the Block Reward change was also published on the Dash forum. But recently the domain www.dashhub.ru was bought and on the basis of gitbook a site was created where all the main articles previously published in telegra.ph were transferred, i.e. articles about Dash innovations, plus a general article about Dash and a couple of tabs with useful resources, information about wallets, where to buy Dash (DEX, CEX, brokers) and so on.

Actually, all the publications that were previously published on telegra.ph will be on the site, and it will be filled with some more practically important articles and generally completed.

Third, is the publication of various videos about Dash. A YouTube channel (youtube.com/@Dash4ndFuture) (17 to 78 subscribers) (298 to 2700 views) has been created.

There are already a lot of different videos published in Russian, there are several completely homemade videos and localized videos from the official Dash YouTube channel. This video is about Dash functions, with recording of manuals on their use, useful advantages that Dash gives. Description of tools, utilities for Dash, recorded together with the developers.

YouTube is a very good tool to get traffic in the long term, so I will continue my work with it and soon I expect to publish a new video about TrustLess staking in CN, plus some other videos, such as a qualitatively localized series of videos about Dash platform by Amanda.

What is the reason for doubling the requested budget?
First proposal was aimed to create a continuous informational flow in Russian which covers all relevant Dash related news and updates. This is done for now and some quite significant day-by-day maintenance efforts are necessary now to keep it up to date.

On the other hand, there are a lot of marketing related activities that are urgently necessary to promote Dash and to increase its acceptance.

Due to the unclear crypto-regulation in CIS countries it is not possible to perform "classical" marketing activities. Rather it is planned to do more native marketing like e.g.:

1. Dash Integration into services with InstantSend and ChainLocks support
  2. New Dash videos on crypto channels but not only
  3. Dash use experience reports - Travala, BitRefill, Swappin and similar
  4. User interactions in game form with rewards in Dash
  5. Ad in VK/Telegram

In order to realize this I am planning to delegate informational activities to other people whereby I will continue to manage and to closely follow this activity.

This will allow me to direct my efforts on marketing activities which also require some budget.

Who I am.

I'm Voncan (Vonny), crypto enthusiast and familiar with Dash since 2019. I have experience in communication and cooperation with people from most DFO. At the moment I am preparing the realization of many good ideas to improve the presence and use of Dash in Russian-speaking countries, and at the moment I have a considerable amount of time to work for the benefit of Dash. Since about the end of 2020 I have been a moderator of the Telegram chat of the Russian-speaking community: @dash_ru, from the end of 2023 as a moderator of the official Dash chat in Telegram. I myself use Dash in my life wherever possible, and I am very happy that there is such an opportunity.

My Telegram account is @V_O_NCAN, if you have any questions about the offer you can write to me in English or in the chat @Dash_ru.

In general, Dash with optional privacy and the ability to transfer to anyone, anywhere, as much as you want and when it is convenient, is just what can help many CIS citizens now.

I have successfully organized the flow of news and building up the amount of relevant information into the Russian-speaking field. This is the basis for everything, which also allows you to get new users in the long term with relatively small investments.

The power of DAO in the community

You need to start with the basic things that bring 80% results using 20% effort. Dear masternode owners, protect your investment, take some easy steps, create a news channel, or a chat about Dash in your language if you don't have one, talk about Dash and if possible invest your personal efforts, even if small.

For example, here is a wiki, a very well indexed and important resource.

Why wasn't the Dash DAO on the DAO list?
Why are local pages about Dash at best insufficiently detailed, at worst either abandoned or containing irrelevant information that misleads potential users?

Wikipedia is a great resource that both youtubers and people use as a source for their articles, a poor quality wiki is a source of misinformation and a further bunch of problems.

Now there is Dash DAO in the list of significant DAOs, the English and Russian article about Dash in the wiki can be considered quite complete and up to date.

So my message directly to YOU, if you know English and another language at a good level (preferably a native speaker), update/create the Dash article in your language based on the English wiki.

Also, native English speakers, please review the English wikipedia about Dash, and correct/rewrite something that catches your eye, for I am not a native speaker, English is not my first language.

Back