• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Core v18.1.1 Hotfix Release

Pasta

Dash Core Group
In response to an apparent attack on the Dash network causing degraded performance of the network, we are releasing a hot fix release v18.1.1.

Late in the night UTC, the Dash networked experienced what appears to be an attack. The network did not go down, blocks continued to form and there was no fork. Also for those that might be worried and also who might not understand how a blockchain works, as a blockchain the network can’t have funds stolen (ever!), so all funds are safe.

So while the attack had little to no impact on users of the network, it did affect the infrastructure of the network with a great deal of Masternodes becoming unresponsive. Most of the Masternodes that either went offline or became unresponsive were less powerful nodes that did not have enough memory to withstand the attack.

Thankfully enough Masternodes came back online quickly and chain locks formed again. All node operators should promptly update to version 18.1.1. We plan to release additional information tomorrow.

https://github.com/dashpay/dash/releases/tag/v18.1.1

Thank you for this quick hot fix and informing us about the network attack.
I will update my masternodes, and i will be looking forward to both a Windows binary update in the nearby future

MacOS and Windows binaries will be released in the imminent future.

and to the additional information about this network attack, planned to be released tomorrow.
This network attack was one hell of a stress test for masternodes, exposing those with low RAM memory (around 50% !!).

To all masternode owners : Do not use minimum requirement for masternodes, use recommended requirements for masternodes !!

Knipsel.JPG

Source : https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/docs/user/masternodes/understanding.html

Last edited:
Most of the Masternodes that either went offline or became unresponsive were less powerful nodes that did not have enough memory to withstand the attack.

What kind of attack? Was it a DDoS?
Because a DDoS does not affect the memory of a masternode.
How did the memory of a masternode increased?
An unknown bug maybe?

Back