• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Automated Teller Machines; Future of Dash

xdashguy

I have been thinking about the volume / liquidity of Dash and also how to introduce it to people. I think ATM machines are a huge portions for bitcoins staying power. The reason is multi-fold:

1. It provides a manner to actually buy / sell coins without the cumbersoem process of crazy KYC and bank transfers.
  2. It can be used by people with no bank account which is important for a solution meant to replace bank accounts. There are lots of people with no banking access. Think of all the people working in the legal marijuana industry in Colorodo that have no banking access.
  3. Every ATM works like a 24/7 marketing person as people approach the ATM and then wonder what Dash is. Or, more importantly, when they are put in a small business such as a Bar, Vape Shop, etc, the owner of the shop who shares in the profits of the ATM will evangelize Dash to their customers who they have rapport with.
As such, I strongly believe that ATMs are the most important aspect of bringing people into the Dash ecosystem so they can see how Dash is better than cash.

I remember a project where Dash was working with a manufacturer so existing bitcoin ATMs can accept Dash with a software update. Does anyone know of any ATM machines that work with Dash today? I am very interested in making ATM machine placements.

I have been thinking about the volume / liquidity of Dash and also how to introduce it to people. I think ATM machines are a huge portions for bitcoins staying power. The reason is multi-fold:

1. It provides a manner to actually buy / sell coins without the cumbersoem process of crazy KYC and bank transfers.
  2. It can be used by people with no bank account which is important for a solution meant to replace bank accounts. There are lots of people with no banking access. Think of all the people working in the legal marijuana industry in Colorodo that have no banking access.
  3. Every ATM works like a 24/7 marketing person as people approach the ATM and then wonder what Dash is. Or, more importantly, when they are put in a small business such as a Bar, Vape Shop, etc, the owner of the shop who shares in the profits of the ATM will evangelize Dash to their customers who they have rapport with.
As such, I strongly believe that ATMs are the most important aspect of bringing people into the Dash ecosystem so they can see how Dash is better than cash.

I remember a project where Dash was working with a manufacturer so existing bitcoin ATMs can accept Dash with a software update. Does anyone know of any ATM machines that work with Dash today? I am very interested in making ATM machine placements.

not yet
lamassu integration is still worked on

Thinking more on InstantX and ATM machines.... Dash is really built to dominate the ATM market. Using an ATM machine with bitcoin and the coins not being usable for potential hours is a huge consumer experience issue. Dash will have a much better experience.

We need to get some dang ATM machines going! I know I will buy some and place them.

Back