• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Corrupt Masternode Walet after RC3 soft fork

Off topic, but there is quite simple procedure that may save a lot of nerves - to backup private key for address and to save it as paper backup (may be encrypted with gpg). I think it's the most reliable way to backup.
However I have never used my addresses without verifyed backup.

Mr software dev, bitcoiner since 09', my ass. Post the wallet.dat or shut up and troll elsewhere.
EDIT: Long time supporter, yet registered this Monday. right.
Mrs SoftwareDev. I'm more active on reddit and bitcointalk than I am here and my registration date here proves nothing. You are being a complete ass and hurting the community more than helping it by acting the way you are acting.

Cant post links:
tempsend

8CA783DA01

Off topic, but there is quite simple procedure that may save a lot of nerves - to backup private key for address and to save it as paper backup (may be encrypted with gpg). I think it's the most reliable way to backup.
However I have never used my addresses without verifyed backup.
Exactly this. I'm not a great software developer, I'm just doing some small stuffs since 1990s (was my primary job in 2000s but not now) and as a software developer I know the first rule of every backup - make sure it works before you change anything.

EDIT: ooops, I was too slow, move me too please :)

I also did do my homework, I just never had a crypto daemon fuck up so royally bad on me. I usually assume the wallet it generates won't corrupt within minutes after it has been made.

Again, if sincere, I understand your angst. I have always acted, daily, hours on end, for 2 months now, to help other.
Here, IRC and BTCTalk. So dont take a bite at me. You started getting help, but also started pointing fingers. Its on you we're reacting like this.

Now please, once more, calm down and help us help you. Send me the link in a pvt msg and I'll post it here. Or go on IRC freenode #Darkcoin and send it to me

Exactly this. I'm not a great software developer, I'm just doing some small stuffs since 1990s (was my primary job in 2000s but not now) and as a software developer I know the first rule of every backup - make sure it works before you change anything.
You can can shift the blame all you like but I backed up to several locations, I just didn't assume that the wallet file generated by the new darkcoind would be corrupted. I never had this issue in the many years I have used crypto. This is bleeding edge software release, I should have verified the backup but to pretend its entirely my fault it broke is absurd.

I also did do my homework, I just never had a crypto daemon fuck up so royally bad on me. I usually assume the wallet it generates won't corrupt within minutes after it has been made.

There you go again blaming the daemon. From 315 nodes up a few mins ago, we're now up to 335. Its NOT the daemon. It probably was a corrupt download Mrs. Software Dev.
Stop being bitchy about it, and actually do something about it. This will be my LAST attempt in helping you if you keep on coming back like that.

You don't understand software development if you think that because it works in some cases it has to work in every case. The hardest bugs to catch are the ones that are only present sometimes.

People like you are really making me consider dropping the rest of my DRK.

lol case closed !
So you can see a post history where I have supported Darkcoin because I like the technology? What does this have to do with the actual problem I'm facing anyway?

You guys are seriously far to blinded by making money for us to work as a community to find problems with the software and improve it, its very disheartening.

lol case closed !

What? I was just showing that he didn't just appear out of nowhere and has in fact supported DRK in the past. I'm trying to stop the witchhunt so we can concentrate on figuring out if this might be a real problem or just his system playing up.

Lets try to focus on the facts here. Both wallets are corrupt, even the backup. Hex editor shows only zero's. Was the wallet encrypted before you sent funds to it?

You can can shift the blame all you like but I backed up to several locations, I just didn't assume that the wallet file generated by the new darkcoind would be corrupted. I never had this issue in the many years I have used crypto. This is bleeding edge software release, I should have verified the backup but to pretend its entirely my fault it broke is absurd.
I was not mean to blame you (sorry if it looked like this) but to warn others - crypto is not a bank or smth, you are the one who are responsible to do whatever you can to protect your money here. You can blame dev, scammers, failed exchanges or whoever else but at the end of a day it's only you. Btw by saying "you" I mean myself and everyone here too.

So you can see a post history where I have supported Darkcoin because I like the technology? What does this have to do with the actual problem I'm facing anyway?

You guys are seriously far to blinded by making money for us to work as a community to find problems with the software and improve it, its very disheartening.

So what would you have us do? The reason why you got a harsh response was because you jumped to blaming the coin against all odds and refused to consider any other sources of error. There is a right way and wrong way to ask for help. Saying "your coin is broken" and bashing is not the correct way.

Though, even now there seems to be those who are willing to help.

Lets try to focus on the facts here. Both wallets are corrupt, even the backup. Hex editor shows only zero's. Was the wallet encrypted before you sent funds to it?

Thank you for getting this back on topic.

I did not encrypt the wallet before sending funds. I was doing this as a test run on a masternode, was trying to do the setup simple as possible. It was a vanilla ubuntu 64bit ubuntu install. I wget the newest darkcoind from the RC3 soft fork thread, I generated the address, I backed up the wallets, sent the money and went back to the server and could not load darkcoind because of corrupted wallets. After checking the wallet files in a hex editor and I have nothing but zeros.

I understand there is probably nothing that can be done but I was at least hoping that the problem would be acknowledged so the cause could be determined.

So what would you have us do? The reason why you got a harsh response was because you jumped to blaming the coin against all odds and refused to consider any other sources of error. There is a right way and wrong way to ask for help. Saying "your coin is broken" and bashing is not the correct way.
Did I blame the coin? I believe I was suggesting there perhaps is an issue in the bleeding edge version of the RC3 soft fork. I personally can't check the code so it is very difficult for me to determine the source of the problem. It is very clear to me many of you don't care about the code base at all and are only interested in making money.

What? I was just showing that he didn't just appear out of nowhere and has in fact supported DRK in the past. I'm trying to stop the witchhunt so we can concentrate on figuring out if this might be a real problem or just his system playing up.
That was kind of ironic. Some long-time supporters started to troll the coin for money not so long ago...

Thank you for getting this back on topic.

I did not encrypt the wallet before sending funds. I was doing this as a test run on a masternode, was trying to do the setup simple as possible. It was a vanilla ubuntu 64bit ubuntu install. I wget the newest darkcoind from the RC3 soft fork thread, I generated the address, I backed up the wallets, sent the money and went back to the server and could not load darkcoind because of corrupted wallets. After checking the wallet files in a hex editor and I have nothing but zeros.

I understand there is probably nothing that can be done but I was at least hoping that the problem would be acknowledged so the cause could be determined.

When you backed the wallet up, did you shut down the daemon first?

That was kind of ironic. Some long-time supporters started to troll the coin for money not so long ago...
You are not on topic and are just making the community look bad, I recommend if you care about the community you should refrain from posting.

Back