• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Collateral not valid

jimbursch

"PrivateSend request incomplete. Collateral not valid. Will retry..."

What does that mean when I get that message while mixing?

The collateral transaction is the transaction with 0.001 fee randomly broadcasted by the masternode. I don't know why it would be invalid though.

I think it was recently changed to allow 0 Dash output using OP_RETURN. Maybe not all masternodes allow those transactions yet?

So previously valid:
0.004 with 0.003 change,
0.003 with 0.002 change,
0.002 with 0.001 change

recently also valid
0.001 with 0 change using OP_RETURN

Maybe @UdjinM6 , @Pasta or @InhumanPerfection will know better.

"PrivateSend request incomplete. Collateral not valid. Will retry..."

What does that mean when I get that message while mixing?

I think i also came across that message in the past during mixing. I seem to remember that specific message disappears after a new block is found. So you could check this by opening monitor in your wallet
and see if "Collateral not valid. Will retry..." disappears, once a new block is found. I suspect the input amount is locked and then released again for further mixing, when a new block is found.
Its just a theory of mine, i could be totally wrong here.

Collateral must have at least one confirmation to be valid. If you have only one collateral in your wallet and you just now paid collateral payment tx (say 0.004 -> 0.003) then next mixing MN will consider it as invalid until it get one confirmation.

Back