• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

That miserable thread is only there to attract people. If we close the fucker, we have to be careful and leave a good trace to dashtalk forum. Once you close that thread it will be lost in ANN board deep down in hell where nobody will see it. Unless you can make it sticky :)
I understand what you are saying but that's why the public awareness proposal was created. At some point the ANN thread could be closed I hope.

Yes, I am still trying to understand that BTCtalk thread and how it seems to be "preferred" by some "important dasher"...

I see btctalk thread as a valuable asset for Dash actually, at least in terms of visibility in crypto-community
Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 22.41.26.png
Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 22.41.08.png

Do you think a plan should be in place to move past it at some point?

Sure it is popular.

That is obvious just by looking at how many views it has.

My question is has a saturation point been reached with its usefulness?

Maybe not abandon it completely but maybe use some of the resources that speak in it regularly elsewhere.

There are so many other forums out there that are ready to be told about Dash.

For example I decided to post the "What is Dash?" video when it came out over on a forum called goldismoney2.com.

I was actually surprised to see how many views the thread got.

http://www.goldismoney2.com/showthread.php?83549-What-is-Dash

It was only around 700 but I thought it was going to get way less.

I probably could do a better job at keeping it going but there was some interest in it over there.

I let it slide a bit but yesterday I was surprised when a moderator over there PM'ed me.

They said:

Now I'm not a regular over there but have posted a handful of times.

That was the first time someone ever PM'ed me and the reason was because of the Dash thread.

I feel that a list of forums websites should be put together that have known "paradigm shifting" mentalities.

These forums should then be worked with Dash info in a strategic way that could increase visibility.

I don't think we need (a plan) to move somewhere - bitcointalk is still a central (sic!) point of crypto imo either we like it or not (basically due to historical reasons).
But there is no central authority who can say "no, you can't post anywhere else" - of course you can and should! ;)
Remember - the video for example was made with non-crypto people in mind so definitely bitcointalk is not the core audience but all kind of other forums are.
Share it everywhere you like, share articles also etc - the more non-crypto people know about Dash the better. :)

PS. So I'd say - we need not to move from bitcointalk but to invade all other places :D

I don't think we need (a plan) to move somewhere - bitcointalk is still a central (sic!) point of crypto imo either we like it or not (basically due to historical reasons).
But there is no central authority who can say "no, you can't post anywhere else" - of course you can and should! ;)
Remember - the video for example was made with non-crypto people in mind so definitely bitcointalk is not the core audience but all kind of other forums are.
Share it everywhere you like, share articles also etc - the more non-crypto people know about Dash the better. :)

PS. So I'd say - we need not to move from bitcointalk but to invade all other places :D

exactly
the more the better !

i started a thread here for new info/pages/ideas i might have missed
https://dashtalk.org/threads/are-there-any-dash-groups-chats-pages-i-should-know-about.6300/
please post your favourite pages (or what i should look at)
tx

I started a thread about Dash on a Canadian forum and promptly got banned for life for spamming, LOL.

We have a long way to go.

No offense, but this is silly.

First, Dash is "priced" in whatever currency a person wants it to be priced. I'm personally a hell of a lot more concerned about it's price in USD than in BTC. I think the reason many people look at its value in BTC is two-fold: first, you generally have to buy BTC first in order to get DASH. That's not because Dash is inferior to Bitcoin; it's because the centralized businesses that do the exchanging prefer to deal in Bitcoin. It has nothing to do with the technical superiority or lack thereof. Secondly, referring to the price of Dash in BTC terms takes out extraneous factors. If Dash is up 50% and Bitcoin is up 50% (both in USD terms), then it's likely that Dash has only gone up because the crypto market as a whole is in a "bull market." If Dash goes up 50% and Bitcoin is up 20%, then it says something entirely different. Look at this April when Dash got up to 0.0245 BTC/DASH. That was almost an ATH with respect to Bitcoin, but was still less than $6 in USD terms. Sometimes you can get a better "apples to apples" comparison by measuring cryptos together.

As far as the BTCtalk thread, leave it alone if you don't like it. I personally enjoy it, and if it was ever closed, I would simply start a new one (or join one somebody else started). "The Coin" doesn't spend "it's resources" over there...individuals do. Dashtalk is great for some things, but I personally like the "stream of consciousness" approach of the BTC thread. I like being able to post what's on my mind (and reading what's on other people's) without having to locate the proper forum, create or find the proper post, etc. The free-flowing nature of that one thread is convenient...it works much like conversations in the real world, in a sort of slow meandering way.

Back