• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Search results

1. ericsammons

The Dash Masternode Network: A Response to Critics

Since I've been involved in Dash I've heard a lot of criticisms of the Masternode Network - and those criticisms have become louder since the recent price rise. So I thought I'd write an article to address them: The Dash Masternode Network: A Response to Critics
  2. ericsammons

Bitcoin is Sick. Will It Heal, Be Amputated, or Die? (Dash mentioned)

I just published an article on Bitcoin's troubles, and also how that might impact Dash: Bitcoin is Sick. Will It Heal, Be Amputated, or Die?
  3. ericsammons

An Honest Assessment of Dash, Today’s Hottest Cryptocurrency

With the recent influx of new users due to the price rise, I've written an article evaluating Dash from the perspective of someone who's been involved for a little while: An Honest Assessment of Dash, Today’s Hottest Cryptocurrency
  4. ericsammons

Review of the Dash Budget System, the First Blockchain-based Decentralized Governance System

I've just published a review of the Dash Budget System's history: Review of the Dash Budget System, the First Blockchain-based Decentralized Governance System
  5. ericsammons

ZCash and Dash Block Reward Distribution

I just published an article on ZCash's block reward distribution, noting its origins in Dash's own innovative distribution structure: Incentives Drive Innovation: Examining ZCash’s Block Reward Distribution
  6. ericsammons

Out of the Cryptocurrency Sandbox

I've posted a new article discussing the insular cryptocurrency community and how Dash is trying to break out of it: Out of the Cryptocurrency Sandbox
  7. ericsammons

Apple vs. Dash: The Importance of Privacy

I just published an article over at Medium on the battle to get Dash into the Apple App Store: Apple vs. Dash: The Importance of Privacy
  8. ericsammons

Idea: Book on Dash

Hello, Last year I wrote a book on Bitcoin, which was directed towards people with no knowledge of cryptocurrency: Bitcoin Basics: 101 Questions and Answers It is in both paperback and Kindle formats, and, although not a best-seller, it has done respectable in sales. I'm considering the...
  9. ericsammons

Thunder Network - Any Use/Challenge for Dash?

The big Bitcoin news today is that Blockchain has released an alpha version of Thunder Network, which is the first actual implementation of the Lightning Network. Supposedly, it allows for instant transactions, and can handle up to 100,000 transactions per second (almost twice as much as Visa's...
  10. ericsammons

Lingering Budget Proposal - Dash.org

Hello, Since the new Budget System cycle that started on Sunday, the Proposal "Dash.org domain name" still appears on my votetracker (dashvotetracker.com) even though it has expired: As you can see, the vote tracker picks it up as an existing Proposal, but at the same time, it marks it as...
  11. ericsammons

Masternode Owners need to think like VCs

The debates surrounding the past couple of Budget Proposal cycles have got me thinking about how Masternode owners should approach new proposals for funding. In a very real sense, MN owners are venture capitalists, deciding how to spend "their" money. If they spend it wisely, their investment...
  12. ericsammons

Budget System v2 - Irrevocable multi-month contracts

A few weeks ago eduffield submitted a proposal to allow for multi-month contracts in the Budget System. The thread he introduced the proposal in (here) got a bit derailed by the whole PR/Terpin project, but I really feel like there wasn't any in-depth discussion of the changes Evan proposed to...
  13. ericsammons

Analysis of a Dash Budget Proposal Vote

A few weeks ago I introduced my vote tracking tool, dashvotetracker.com, which includes a historical record of each Dash Budget System vote. Since that time, one proposal (Evan's "Budget System v2") has been submitted, and I thought it would be interesting to see how that vote has gone since its...
  14. ericsammons

Rise of the Machines: Blockchain-Based Governance

I wrote an article on Dash's innovative governance system that you all might be interested in: Rise of the Machines: Blockchain-Based Governance
  15. ericsammons

Improved Budget Proposal Tracker: DashVoteTracker.com

Hello, I appreciated all the feedback I received for my Dash Budget Proposal Tracker (http://ericsammons.com/dash-budget). Based on the feedback, as well as a few other ideas of my own, I have made a number of improvements: I have moved the Tracker to http://dashvotetracker.com. I thought it...
  16. ericsammons

Understanding the Budget Approval Process (and a possible bug)

Currently, there seems to be a discrepancy between what proposals should be approved and which ones actually are approved. If you look at a screenshot of the current voting (from http://ericsammons.com/dash-budget/), you find this: If you look closely, both the Anarcapulco and Wifi-Portal...
  17. ericsammons

Budget Proposal Voting Status Table

I don't know about you, but I find the current budget vote to be fascinating. Two votes in particular - the Reimbursement for the Soda Machine and the Transform PR - are neck-in-neck in the voting (in fact, as I write this, they are tied!). But I admit I was having a hard time keeping track of...
  18. ericsammons

Dash vs. Bitcoin Comparison Infographic

Hello everyone, I am getting excited about Dash the more I study it. I am still a big believer in the potential of Bitcoin, but I see Dash as a viable cryptocurrency in its own right. In my effort to distinguish the two, I have created this comparison infographic: I am happy to hear any...
  19. ericsammons

coinvalue.io - track the value of your DASH, BTC, LTC, DOGE, and PPC Coins

Hey everyone, I've created an online tool to get the dollar value of a list of addresses from multiple cryptocurrencies (currently DASH, BTC, LTC, DOGE, PPC): https://coinvalue.io You just enter a list of addresses, and the tool calculates the total combined value of all the addresses (and...
  20. ericsammons

Bitcoin.com: DASH-Powered Soda Machine to Debut at Miami Bitcoin Conference

Hello, I wrote an article for Bitcoin.com about the Dash N' Drink soda machine: DASH-Powered Soda Machine to Debut at Miami Bitcoin Conference I want to thank Solarminer, camosoul, and TheDashGuy for their help with this!
Back