• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Search results

1. D

Multiple wallets on one PC

Thanks AjM, yes noticed that ;) When trying to run at the same time it says "Cannot obtain a lock on data directory . . . probably already running." Would be nice if the blocks and chainstate could be shared folders.
  2. D

Thanks, I was not so sure because it creates several files and also the database folder. I can first try it out with a few very small wallets.
  3. D

Hi, If I want to have multiple wallets on one PC I know you can use the -datadir= command line option. Could I also instead use the -wallet= option? It would save space if I would not have to copy the blocks and chainstate folders :rolleyes: Thanks.
  4. D

Message to receiver

Hi Richy22, I am a newby myself I don't know what you can do in your situation. It seems to me however that your question is not related to this topic. Could you please in the support forum start a new topic with your question? Thanks and I hope you will be able to resolve your issue quickly.
  5. D

Message to receiver

From what I understand of the blockchain sofar, I would definitely agree that it should not be part of the blockchain and that it would be inefficient (unnecessarily blow up the blocksize). Also it's nature is not permanent (I would think that 5-10 years is long enough) and it does not have to...
  6. D

Message to receiver

Thanks Strophy. It is not an issue at the moment and thanks for the alternatives. When going for main stream adaption though I think this is something to consider. When you currently make a bank transaction you always have the option for small message to identify what the payment is for...
  7. D

Message to receiver

Great Stropy, thanks for the reply. Just proves how new I am to this :rolleyes: didn't think of the privacy consideration if you would add it to the block chain. Probably this will show my ignorance even more. Would it theoretically be possible to encrypt the message and use the receivers public...
  8. D

Message to receiver

Hi I am very new to the Dash world. I am try to Dash an amount to someone and I see the fields: Pay To: for the address Label: for a label in my address book. Amount: Is there a way to send a message (text) with the transaction so that the receiver will know what the dashed amount was for? Or...
Back