• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Recent content by zXm

1. Z

Official logo vote

Yes, and I know you're probably all thinking that we're calling it DuckCoin because of the bird. but you're wrong. It's actually because we're ducking the prying eyes of those would violate our right to transactional privacy.
  2. Z

Official logo vote

#6 is so horribly unimaginative and plain. Really disappointing that it looks like it will win. Honestly, not even sure its better than what we previously had.
  3. Z

Logo discussion

Nice middle-ground design, in that it incorporates an aspect of how DRK works, but is still basically a d on a circle. Pretty neat.
  4. Z

What other altcoins are DRKcoiners into?

What's the idea behind Anon? I thought it was just obtaining anonymity through a 3rd party
  5. Z

Need Logo for DarkSend and DarkGravityWave

In what capacity would the DarkSend logo be used? For example, if this were the design of the eventual darksend button on the wallet, I think it'd be about perfect (especially if the main logo also used a lock.... even better if the locks were the same design).
  6. Z

Logo discussion

I suppose I am in the minority, but I think the lock does the job quite well without the shield. I liked raze's original design best, thus far, though I would like to see it in other colors (especially the gold). Taurine's, there's something about yours that I find appealing. But I thought...
  7. Z

Logo discussion

That's what I think too, which is why I also think I have a problem with it. It seems redundant because privacy (signified by the lock) is protection. Furthermore, a shield with a keyhole in it doesn't really make sense: it isn't a real object or modeled on anything that would have uti beyond...
  8. Z

Logo discussion

I agree. A key does not make a great deal of sense to me as a logo for DRK. I am also curious as to why people seem to prefer a shield to a lock? Or the shield-lock design? What does a shield tell you about DRK that a lock does not?
  9. Z

Logo discussion

Some interesting designs. Keep posting stuff in this vein!
  10. Z

Does anyone find Blackcoin intriguing?
  11. Z

Logo discussion

The shield as a symbol is an interesting concept. Does putting a D on it make anyone else think of the word defender or defense? It does for me. I still think a lock is a more precise symbol of DRK, though. One thing I think I'm realizing is that the logo should have little to no black in it...
  12. Z

What's interesting about myriad? I've seen it mentioned somewhere before...
  13. Z

Logo discussion

I think the lock should incorporate the D rather obviously, especially since its so easy to do due to the shape of the object. Limlims, are you going to select the best designs for the community to vote on or will we see everything submitted? Perhaps you could screen out all of the standard...
  14. Z

Logo discussion

Glad to see that you agree LimLims. I thought your D/lock logo was on the right track and probably the best I've seen so far. However, I am a bit concerned because I understand that the community as a whole will be voting on the design and it seems like most backers of this coin do not...
  15. Z

Logo discussion

These are probably stupid, but just in terms of the conceptual direction, thoughts?
Back