• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Recent content by virento

1. V

Question about cold-storage masternode configuration - LOCAL/REMOTE IPs in conf file

Ok, I created a new wallet on the LOCAL side and FINALLY it doesnt show up when issuing the 'darkcoind masternode list' command however now there is a new problem. When attempting to start the masternode on the LOCAL side I receive the error 'not capable masternode'. Any ideas?
  2. V

Length of time it takes for a masternode to 'disappear' from MN list after being down

Also, is it possible to submit a request to have a masternode removed manually? Just thought I would ask as I believe the only alternative to speed up this process at this point is creating a whole new wallet which I'd like to avoid.
  3. V

debug.log - What is normal?

I'd like to find out more information on this as well as I'm seeing the same type of thing which can be very misleading.
  4. V

Length of time it takes for a masternode to 'disappear' from MN list after being down

Does anyone know how long it should take for a masternode to 'disappear' from the masternode list after being down? I left the masternode I'm working on down for at least 2 days and it still appears as 'Active' on the masternode list. I wanted to purposely allow it to disappear or at least be...
  5. V

Error when attempting to get private key of 0th address

Hello, just wanted to touch base on this topic. We decided to go with using a Mac desktop for the LOCAL cold-storage side and that seems to be working just fine however we ran into a different issue which I created a separate thread on. Thanks everyone for their input and assistance :D
  6. V

Question about cold-storage masternode configuration - LOCAL/REMOTE IPs in conf file

Propulsion, I've modified the config file on both sides to mirror exactly what you posted and still no go. The LOCAL end is still showing up in the masternode list as 'active' even though the server is shut down and the REMOTE side never shows up. Fernando, thanks for the suggestion. I'm...
  7. V

Thanks for the reply and info! I changed the information to match your instructions (using REMOTE IP in the darkcoin.conf on both the LOCAL and REMOTE locations) and I still don't think things are functioning correctly, but maybe I'm wrong. The REMOTE IP still doesn't show up in the masternode...
  8. V

MN ban or exit clearly

I'd be interested to find more details on how banning works as well. Does anyone know if there is a way to tell if your masternode has been banned and if so the reason for the ban?
  9. V

Hello, I'm in the process of setting up a masternode and while I believe I have everything in order on both the LOCAL(cold storage location) and REMOTE('real' masternode) ends, it doesn't seem to be working correctly. In an effort to resolve this, I started to question which IP addresses...
  10. V

Hi ScioMind, I appreciate the follow-up! That's actually the next step I'm taking is to reload the 'local' machine with Ubuntu 12.04 instead of Ubuntu 14.04. I tested the same commands on the 'remote' server that's currently running Ubuntu 12.04 and it works great.
  11. V

Hi ScioMind, thanks for the input. When I'm issuing the dumpprivkey command I'm not including brackets, nor extra spaces. I'm copying/pasting the address and I've tried it with/without quotes. I can definitely see the address in my wallet (only address in there, it's a brand new wallet) and...
  12. V

Hi ScioMind, thanks for the reply :) I downloaded the tarball you linked and used the 64bit binary included but unfortunately I'm still receiving the same error when I issue the 'darkcoind dumpprivkey <darkcoin 0th address>' command. Any ideas?
  13. V

Can anyone suggest a different guide I can examine for setting up a DRK masternode using cold-storage? I would like to compare the steps of another guide with the one I'm currently using to see if they differ.
  14. V

I'm using a fresh wallet, not copied from another source. I'm also using libdb4.8 as recommended by the darkcoin source documentation located in doc/build-unix.md instead of 5.1 or 5.3. Should I be using something different than libdb4.8?
  15. V

If it helps, I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 as suggested in the guide. Has anyone else successfully used that guide on Ubuntu 14.04?
Back