• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Recent content by mikeybd

1. M

Running a test network

I got it working without moving it to an external IP I had to enable NAT reflection on my router everything seems to be operational now thank you for the help, much appreciated
  2. M

Running a test network

dash-cli -testnet masternode status { "vin": "CTxIn(COutPoint(0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000, 4294967295), coinbase )", "service": "71.244.122.102:19999", "status": "Not capable masternode: Could not connect to 71.244.122.102:19999" } but I am definitely...
  3. M

Running a test network

ok, that helped now when I start the alias, the status changed to ENABLED for a couple seconds then it changed to WATCHDOG_EXPIRED active is "-7m: -26s" not sure what that means... sentinel still returns: michael@ubuntuserver16:~/.dashcore/sentinel$ venv/bin/python bin/sentinel.py Invalid...
  4. M

Running a test network

when I try to start the alias in dash-qt masternodes tab it seems to be working briefly, then it stops again, I described the output in earlier posts... status says "OUTPOINT SPENT" while it is running, then it goes back to "MISSING" what does "OUTPOINT SPENT" mean...
  5. M

Running a test network

so where do I go from here? sentinel says masternode status is invalid. could it be the transaction doesn't have enough confirmations? it has been over 24 hours... when I go into the masternodes tab of dash-qt I see my masternode and from a previous post in this thread: the status is...
  6. M

Running a test network

my address is: ySgrDzxvn8kGYpo8cN1CQNwEW9xqkLwhaV found this: https://test.explorer.dash.org/tx/595148e4d149d2f991787585afe0925a837a33a2f648dc428c1f46839d1a5f28#o1 I'm not sure why there is 1900 and change in the transaction, but it does say the say the address balance is 1000... I have the...
  7. M

Running a test network

yes, I already have that in my dash.conf I could run dashd instead of dash-qt if that will simplify things, I just thought it would be a little easier with the GUI dash-qt created a .dashcore folder in my home directory, that is where I created my dash.conf, masternode.conf is in the testnet3...
  8. M

Running a test network

I also do not see the 1000 dash I sent to generated masternode address in my transactions... I do see a "payment to yourself" but the amount is -0.00007480 tDash, and it remains unconfirmed....
  9. M

Running a test network

I'm still struggling to put all the pieces together, but have made some progress... I'm thinking I can do all this with one instance of dash-qt, someone please let me know if this is incorrect! I start it with dash-qt -testnet=1 I have port 19999 forwarded from my router to my dash vm running...
  10. M

Running a test network

thank you, I am up and running with 0.12.2.x on testnet. I've gotten 2000 dash from the faucet. Working on setting up a masternode now... Tao's guide is geared toward using an already setup VPS in combination with a local install? I am attempting to do this all locally so it is a bit of a...
  11. M

Running a test network

Are there instructions on how to put together a build environment? I'm an experienced Linux user.
  12. M

Running a test network

@chaeplin is there a place to download debian binaries? or do I have to build from source to use 12.2.x?
  13. M

Running a test network

I would like to explore and experiment with dash by creating a test network of my own. It is a bit too much of an investment for me to run a real masternode. I would like to be able to do so on a practice network of my own. I haven't been able to find any instructions yet on how this might be...
Back