• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Recent content by Eric_Stanek

1. E

Should a Dash-PIVX merger be explored?

Wow. I didn't realize the Dash MN count had dropped so much over the past few years. Why are so many not enabled?
  2. E

That's not for me to decide.
  3. E

Besides. Your CEO decided for you and said; "The merger is off." :)
  4. E

Conversely, if Dash has a larger network, overlapping what PIVX has, the PIVX Community doesn't move to Dash, and Dash market cap continues to fall, then the merged market cap is irrelevant. I see a risky future for both projects, but PIVX not merging seems the much safer play.
  5. E

Fair enough, but from what many of us have seen in various channels in the Dash Discord, I'm not sure the culture would attract the PIVX community to join, let alone stay. Market cap can change fast, and Dash is going the wrong direction fast in that regard. The network of integrations would...
  6. E

But, if that was the plan, to start a new chain with those features, why not just do it yourselves?
  7. E

Same. Which privacy protocol would Dash select for the new chain? Would Dash move to Proof of Stake?
  8. E

How feasible is it for Dash to move to a brand new chain?
  9. E

Ironically, some MNOs will read this thread, see the math, see the resistance to add privacy and move to Proof of Stake, and will migrate to PIVX for more votes, more rewards, and increasing market cap. That value transfer is one of the things Dash can offer PIVX. Thanks.
  10. E

Unfortunately, I expect that outcome. But, I really do hope Dash turns around and reverses the downward trend. I also hope Dash becomes a privacy focused project.
  11. E

Well, now you have. I once owned many Dash MNs, and sold them all to buy PIVX MNs. Of course timing is everything, but I am WAY WAY ahead financially having done that.
  12. E

Well, I was suggesting a much quicker and easier solution to value transfer for Dash MNOs. Skip the project merge and the years it would take to make happen. Just sell their Dash MNs, and buy PIVX MNs. The MNOs that do it first, gain the most.
  13. E

Dash is at $38 and a MN is 1,000 Dash. So, 1 Dash MN is $38,000. PIVX is at $0.38 and a MN is 10,000 PIVX. So, 1 PIVX MN is $3,800. Or, 1 Dash MN can buy 10 PIVX MNs. That gives the MNO 10x the votes they had. Dash MNs earn approx 9%. PIVX MNs earn approx 18%. Dash price has dropped 43% in 1...
  14. E

Ya. I was just adding info about the difference in projects. I was not implying Treasury amounts are used for valuation.
  15. E

I had to dig, and I am not certain I have it correct, but is the Dash Treasury max currently 8,528 Dash? For PIVX it is 432,000 PIV. So, at current prices, Dash has approx $290,000 USD per cycle to work with, while PIVX has approx $160,000 USD. Difference is, PIVX spent years at a much smaller...
Back