• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

InstantX does not work IF any sync is processing, and i do not mean blockchain sync but all other syncs.

Test:
-open wallet1 and let it sync fully (no progressbar visible) (it take about 3 min)
-open wallet2 and copy receiving address, close it
-paste wallet2 address to wallet1 set amount and make sure IX is selected
-open wallet2
-send from wallet1 to wallet2 some tDASH with IX
-check transactions, ? mark and 0 confirmations, so its normal send

Darksend already has its own dentity and trademark, i don't see the point of changing it to "privaTX" as darksend transactions aren't private, they're public on the blockchain.

By definition, Darksend is indeed private. It's also anonymous.
Regular txs can be private, but they won't necessarily be anonymous.

Two very different concepts, and a reason why privaTX doesn't make much sense.

Darksend already has its own dentity and trademark, i don't see the point of changing it to "privaTX" as darksend transactions aren't private, they're public on the blockchain.

Darkcoin was changed to Dash, because people don't like the word "Dark". For this same reason, I believe it to be beneficial to change Darksend to privaTX. Private sounds better than Dark. And people relate to the word "private" more than "dark".

Maybe we can vote on this topic in the new release :)

By definition, they are indeed private. They're also anonymous.
Regular txs can be private, but they won't necessarily be anonymous.

I disagree. If Darksend has to be changed ever.. I'd prefer to change it to "Smartsend" or something else rather than "private" or "anonymous"... If someone sends a two rounds DS tx, it's not anonymous at all, and all DS transactions are on the blockchain, there's no "private" about them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Other two set mixing 2000 coins, 8 rounds - Not good, many unconfirmed and conflicted tx, one stuck @ 83677, other @ 83763
This is what i fear when we go to mainnet, thousands unconfirmed transactions (forks).

Reactions: jpr
This is the phase when everybody get's all antzy....
...waiting to pounce on the final release....
- oh the drama - lol - haha

v0.12.0.44-ada6a09

Number of connections : 8 --> good
Number of masternodes : 66 (DS comp 47 Enabled 47) --> guys, make sure your masternodes are on current version (0.12.0.44)
Changing in Options the Rounds from 8 to 4 and get it visible in Overview : works good
Darksend mixing : Good
Darksend Create Denominations : Good (very fluid, no freeze whatsoever)
Hanging wallets : none
Syncing problems : none
Conflicted transactions : none
Instantx : to be tried out later
mnbudget show : Good (shows all proposals)
mnfinalbudget show : Good (shows 1 final proposal)
wallets up to date in accordance with : http://test.insight.dash.siampm.com/

so far i'm impressed with this version but i will need some more time monitoring it and checking on InstantX when more masternodes are DS compatible and when i build up some DS amount.

Edit 1 : All wallets were synced from scratch (with only wallet.dat & dash.conf left in folders) and all wallets had all the input amounts bundled and resent to myself to give it all a new fresh start

Edit 2 : Number of masternodes are all starting to get in-line / synced now : 45-45-45 69-69-69

I have 3 wallets running since y'day,
One is only running remote MNs, no DS or IX - All good, receiving Mined fees and matches Insight @ block 83819
Other two set mixing 2000 coins, 8 rounds - Not good, many unconfirmed and conflicted tx, one stuck @ 83677, other @ 83763

Trying -reindex from wallet repair tools - syncing MNs and especially MN winners sure dose take a while.

So -reindex from Tools menu worked on one of the bad wallets - it's happily DS mixing and CPU mining.
The other bad wallet, -reindex from Tools not work, but reopening a second time with -reindex added to shortcut did work.

Wallets do re-sync, but people should be warned: Be patient!

I disagree. If Darksend has to be changed ever.. I'd prefer to change it to "Smartsend" or something else rather than "private" or "anonymous"... If someone sends a two rounds DS tx, it's not anonymous at all, and all DS transactions are on the blockchain, there's no "privacy" about them.

You can be private about your assets, and not be anonymous, but you can't be anonymous and not be private. They're not mutually inclusive. 50 rounds of DS will still show up on the blockchain, that does not mean your identity is known.

Regular tx can be perfectly anonymous. Just don't let anyone know you own that address and you're gold. The latter is the difficult part.

My vote, keep Darksend as Darksend. Its self explanatory and Darkcoin legacy

Anybody have the link to the Main-net boot-strap files??
not sure I'm looking in the right place....

thx in advance

You can be private about your assets, and not be anonymous, but you can't be anonymous and not be private. They're not mutually inclusive. 50 rounds of DS will still show up on the blockchain, that does not mean your identity is known.

Regular tx can be perfectly anonymous. Just don't let anyone know you own that address and you're gold. The latter is the difficult part.

My vote, keep Darksend as Darksend. Its self explanatory and Darkcoin legacy

+1. Agreed.

There are more important things to do than fussing over a name... I bet people who want to change DS to something else don't even know how DS works, or will ever use it.

v0.12.0.44-ada6a09

My wallets now all show "No compatible Masternode found"

Number of Masternodes : 76-76-76

Wallets in sync...

debug.log shows this :

2015-08-13 18:57:14 CMasternodeMan::FindRandomNotInVec - nCountEnabled - vecToExclude.size() 40
2015-08-13 18:57:14 CMasternodeMan::FindRandomNotInVec - rand 13
2015-08-13 18:57:14 DoAutomaticDenominating -- attempt 7 connection to Masternode 188.165.84.230:21429

edit 1 : and my wallets were so happily and fast mixing before .. :rolleyes:

edit 2 : situation has fixed itself now for some wallets without me touching them in any way .. weird. Maybe the masternodes were all on wrong version ?
(Number of masternodes currently : 76-37-37)
3 wallets have the "found no capable masternode" and 3 wallets have started mixing again...

edit 3 : Number of masternodes currently 37-37-37

edit 4 : looks like a newer version is out : v0.12.0.44-49af767
I will do a reindex on that version for all my wallets..

**** problem solved ***

No hugs for you! lol

Ok after being voted down... here's the result of one of your 300 spammy proposals:

upload_2015-8-13_16-16-41.png

They should all be gone from the proposal list now.

Edit: And thanks to thelazier and bertlebbert for your help with this. :)

Back