• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Partnership with Transform PR

I am saying that you should steer away from calling a no vote a "negative" thing. Do you disagree? Please make that clear. It's not negative, its a vote. Interpret that as you please, thats my point.

My age comes into play why exactly?

Because it honestly does feel like I'm either talking to a smart old-teenager/young adult, or a very very sneaky fella who actually understands the art of troll.
I'm trying to ascertain which, and wouldn't want to be unfair.

Because your claims are profoundly immature in nature, as are your semantics.

Voting "no" on ANY ballot is, by definition, a negative vote.

A negative vote. Not a negative view, with nefarious intent. It's a "no" -> a negative vote.

Because it honestly does feel like I'm either talking to a smart old-teenager/young adult, or a very very sneaky fella who actually understands the art of troll.
I'm trying to ascertain which.

Because your claims are profoundly immature in nature, as are your semantics.

Voting "no" on ANY ballot is, by definition, a negative vote.

A negative vote. Not a negative view, or nefarious intent. It's a "no" -> a negative vote.

You wish it was any of the those, sadly I actually just give a shit. Sorry!

I may or may not sound like a troll, I care not. I want this to be discussed and noone is doing it. So I will.

Equating voting "no" on something to being a negative thing make it sound like saying by not voting on the Terpin stuff people were doing the network a disservice.

Thats my point. Keep calling me a troll and ignoring it. Fine by me.

You wish it was any of the those, sadly I actually just give a shit. Sorry!

I may or may not sound like a troll, I care not. I want this to be discussed and noone is doing it. So I will.

Equating voting "no" on something to being a negative thing make it sound like saying by not voting on the Terpin stuff people were doing the network a disservice.

Thats my point. Keep calling me a troll and ignoring it. Fine by me.

See now, this is where I find your posting "funny" to say the least. Because you are using troll-101 tactics. Now this may be unfair and be an unfortunate coincidence and you are just venting, but at the same time you are putting words with meanings that I never said - so please understand how fishy this seems.

1st - this is the first time I ever talked to you directly, I did NOT, like you say, "keep calling me you troll" - I politely suggested you're sort of acting like one, and trying to figure out if you are, or are not.

2nd - I NEVER said voting "no" was a negative thing, I even explained myself better with the "Lets shoot yidakee" post before. Yet you again try to steer my wording into claiming I'm trying to "negativise" voting "no" on the subject. It was you that claimed the "negativising" and kept beating at that bush. I politely just explained that "no" is a negative vote on a ballot - not a nefarious underlying significance.

3rd - you are not discussing. You started in this thread with a strong opinion - fine there - but then went offensive with the "terpin wall of fans" and about me being a foundation member and thus not capable of an unbiased opinion. Both of which are slander.

If it truly is fine by you, either present valid arguments and debate, or please refrain from posting. Both YES and NO and even ABSTAIN are perfectly valid opinions. Just please stop this current flow.

See now, this is where I find your posting "funny" to say the least. Because you are using troll-101 tactics. Now this may be unfair and be an unfortunate coincidence and you are just venting, but at the same time you are putting words with meanings that I never said - so please understand how fishy this seems.

1st - this is the first time I ever talked to you directly, I did NOT, like you say, "keep calling me you troll" - I politely suggested you're sort of acting like one, and trying to figure out if you are, or are not.

2nd - I NEVER said voting "no" was a negative thing, I even explained myself better with the "Lets shoot yidakee" post before. Yet you again try to steer my wording into claiming I'm trying to "negativise" voting "no" on the subject. It was you that claimed the "negativising" and kept beating at that bush. I politely just explained that "no" is a negative vote on a ballot - not a nefarious underlying significance.

3rd - you are not discussing. You started in this thread with a strong opinion - fine there - but then went offensive with the "terpin wall of fans" and about me being a foundation member and thus not capable of an unbiased opinion. Both of which are slander.

If it truly is fine by you, either present valid arguments and debate, or please refrain from posting. Both YES and NO and even ABSTAIN are perfectly valid opinions. Just please stop this current flow.

Fair enough. I agree this negativity is doing us no good, but I have been called a troll over 50 times in the past couple days for bringing this up, yet look at all the discussion happening now.

You are welcome. It's not a pretty job but someone has to do it.

Fair enough. I agree this negativity is doing us no good, but I have been called a troll over 50 times in the past couple days for bringing this up, yet look at all the discussion happening now.

You are welcome. It's not a pretty job but someone has to do it.

Thank you for the sense and sensibility.
May I please just add, that it is your demeanour, not your opinion, that dictates the perceptions others have of you. It has nothing to do with this question at hand, and maybe a good time to reflect.

Here is an example. When the Solarminer and Camosoul proposal was way ahead with YES - I openly expressed my NO. I discussed straight against other team members. We argued and argued and argued and argued for our positions.

No one called anyone a troll.

It looks like the community made quite clear choice and said that this PR proposal is not the best idea for us.
Thank you very much to all those people, who offered his support. I also respect the choice of those, who voted against the proposal.

It looks like the community made quite clear choice and said that this PR proposal is not the best idea for us.
Thank you very much to all those people, who offered his support. I also respect the choice of those, who voted against the proposal.

Kot, thank you for helping to build this project. We have the best technology and best developers (and project managers!) in crypto.

Our current situation reminds me of a man in the desert who invents the cure for cancer, and wonders why the world isn't beating down his door to get it. People can't use what they don't know about, but that doesn't seem to matter. We will just stay here in the desert, building the best crypto on the market, and hope people find us.

Thank you for your efforts.

Thanks kot for your efforts.

Though I respect the vote of the community, i want to express my sorrow that we may have lost a good PR agency doing their job for us.

A early entrepeneur once said:
Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted; the trouble is I don't know which half.
John Wanamaker
I am a developer and quality management guy, and don't know much about marketing and PR, so I have to rely on others doing it.

And my perception of what we got was good, Dash has never seen such media coverage before like in the past weeks - and i've read a lot during the past 22 months I am working on Dash. We even had coverage in non-crypto media, which is the key for getting known outside of the geek&nerd world.

If the community feels that this is not the way to go I will respect that, but I think we are in failure here: half of the money was well spent.

Hopefully someone will pick us up in the desert :)

Holger

But why quit now? You have 3 days left. In my opinion if a detailed report of the results directly related to this proposal until now was presented to the community maybe the voting changes. If that kind of report exists then I just lack that info and what I said is irrelevant. Otherwise when 3256 are being spent on PR per month maybe the community just needs more transparency on this subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks kot for your efforts.

Though I respect the vote of the community, i want to express my sorrow that we may have lost a good PR agency doing their job for us.

A early entrepeneur once said:

I am a developer and quality management guy, and don't know much about marketing and PR, so I have to rely on others doing it.

And my perception of what we got was good, Dash has never seen such media coverage before like in the past weeks - and i've read a lot during the past 22 months I am working on Dash. We even had coverage in non-crypto media, which is the key for getting known outside of the geek&nerd world.

If the community feels that this is not the way to go I will respect that, but I think we are in failure here: half of the money was well spent.

Hopefully someone will pick us up in the desert :)

Holger

Then resubmit the proposal and do a smaller amount of Dash over a longer period of time and/or peg it to the USD value of the services and it should pass just fine. And some analytics on the past month might help the crowd vote yes as well.

I hope everything ends up with everyone being happy. Not trying to stir anything up, just keeping it balanced and avoiding "group-think" mentalities. They killed Bitcoin for me.

BrainShutdown
Well. I am all for transparency. Nevertheless, in this particular case if we do it, it won't work anymore and the project would need to be closed anyway.
There is no way and reason to do the marketing and PR, when everyone knows what you are doing and what are you going to do to impress your Customers.

TheDashGuy
I am afraid you have no idea what are you talking about. Marketing is much more than few posts on the forum, It is well planned and properly executed work to do. I know it from the experience (and we have been also told that very clearly by the agency) that 3 months is a minimal period, after that you can assess whether campaign works or not. So we have planned our project this way with absolutely minimal cost (as you could notice, I have prepared a lot of materials by myself to avoid additional costs). Have a look at the companies and their campaigns in the real world - they are planning and doing media campaigns for years (not to mention the cost).

It is easy to write a lot of theoretical posts on the forum. To understand what is the cost, effort and time needed for such project try to prepare and coordinate the world-wide campaign (with press, internet media, interviews, presentations, meetings, all of the supporting materials, logistics, dozens of people involved and hundreds of other activities) and then execute it. Only after that we could talk on the same level of understanding.

EDIT: I hope that together with the "offer" of NO vote you are offering something to replace this project (with comparable benefits and within the same budget). If yes, you can count on my help with realization.

BrainShutdown
Well. I am all for transparency. Nevertheless, in this particular case if we do it, it won't work anymore and the project would need to be closed anyway.
There is no way and reason to do the marketing and PR, when everyone knows what you are doing and what are you going to do to impress your Customers.

Oh well I don't have the slightest idea how marketing and PR works and so I wasn't talking about giving information about the PR current or future focus. I was just referring to what was already done and closed... does it make sense?

My suggestion in this case is to have the general PR budget funding this kind of specific initiatives and don't require new budget allocations. Small steps and compromise. Either way in my opinion you guys are making an excellent work with this Dash revolution. Keep it up.

Hmmmm, Not cool.

PR and better visibility is really what we need now. (imho)

Is that massive "no" came from the dash/$ debate?

(In which desert are you guys?)

We should just have an incentive program for articles from people, regardless of their standing in this world or title. Reward good content.

There should be a bounty system built that has a public key available to watch the budget be spent for this specific stuff, completely transparent at this point and we can send Dash "rebates" to the actual authors of these articles thus creating a whole market where its incentivized to write a good article about Dash. Once we don't need this anymore it can be voted out and we have seen the ROI with our own eyes. We can watch how successful each article is in the real world and judge for ourselves.

It's really not a hard problem to solve if you put your head to it.

This is essentially a presidential election that never ends, no? Lets run it like a grassroots campaign and just toss on incentives and then you have a decentralized autonomous marketing team.

Pay $40-75 per "quality"* article and everyone will be very happy to do their research and do a dash write up.
*The quality should be determined on DT per article/by "micro" vote of the community. Just like a state law would be approached or something like that.

Pros of this approach: transparent, measurable, decentralized, incentivizes a whole network of people to get involved.

Pros of a single company doing it all behind the scenes (trying to be fair here) : Might happen faster, might be cheaper, might be "better quality"

Anything I'm missing in this write up? Any questions I can think out from anyone? This is me being helpful, not harmful as you've requested, so don't come at me with attitudes please. I FULLY understood what i was undertaking when I started opening my mouth. but for the record I do not own a masternode, I did not make this decision I merely informed the community of my opinion as an active member of Dash. So where did I go wrong? By being rude? Well I apologize for that, but its a two way street. There is no end game here, just me doing my part. Its a thankless task to speak the truth(in my mind obviously) 24/7 but it's all i know how to do. So forgive me.

Edit: And for the record, I never mean't to "insult" anyone personally this is just politics sometimes, things get heated. I still love you all. Dash most of all. Maybe more than alot of people here it is starting to feel like. Just standing up for the little guy! If you felt insulted by me, PM me and I will personally apologize and give your opinions honest thought. Just a fiery soul, it's not natural for me to filter myself for anyone. Trust me, my girlfriend HATES it sometimes. haha.

edit: and they called me a troll who doesn't know PR/Marketing... haha can we let this go now people? Please?

BrainShutdown

TheDashGuy
I am afraid you have no idea what are you talking about. Marketing is much more than few posts on the forum, It is well planned and properly executed work to do. I know it from the experience (and we have been also told that very clearly by the agency) that 3 months is a minimal period, after that you can assess whether campaign works or not. So we have planned our project this way with absolutely minimal cost (as you could notice, I have prepared a lot of materials by myself to avoid additional costs). Have a look at the companies and their campaigns in the real world - they are planning and doing media campaigns for years (not to mention the cost).

It is easy to write a lot of theoretical posts on the forum. To understand what is the cost, effort and time needed for such project try to prepare and coordinate the world-wide campaign (with press, internet media, interviews, presentations, meetings, all of the supporting materials, logistics, dozens of people involved and hundreds of other activities) and then execute it. Only after that we could talk on the same level of understanding.

This is a real problem ... Most people have no idea how marketing works, and especially PR ...
PR - it's always the case of the experiment, and the result is not guaranteed! Moreover, the experiment is a long-term: during long period, eliminating inefficient places and approaches (predict outcome in advance 100% rarely possible - everything is learned only during the tests), there are no clear metrics to measure progress, etc.

Yes, the lack of control (in opposite to usual case of purchasing goods, etc.) and the need to rely on trust - is unpleasant and unusual for most of us - but it is inevitable with PR - there is simply no other way.

The only effective PR - is a hidden PR. Publishing reports of PR-work - at times reduces their results and even makes them negative. It's small area - very few people who had experience with it. But who is doing this in practice knows no other way simply does not exist. You have to take risks and do spendings, including inefficient spending.

The only way to increase efficiency and reduce risks - do it on a regular basis, accumulating experience and constantly "adjusting" the company. Ordinary people never done it personally, and they think that PR-people are just trying to cheat them. And the only way - is to trust the professionals (even if they will deceive you in final).

I've earned my living with CPA-marketing for many years - it has similar principals to PR:
1. You spend $ 1000 for testing-1 and get $ 800 loss.
2. You adjust campaign and spend another $ 1000 for testing-2 and get $ 300 loss.
3. You adjust campaign and spend another $ 1000 for testing-3 and get $ 10 loss.
4. You adjust campaign and spend another $ 1000 for testing-4 and get $ 100 profit. Congrats - you are professional and found profitable scheme after just testing-4!!!
5. Now you can set budget of your found campaign-scheme to $ 100.000 and earn $ 10.000 protif.

This how it works and this is the only way to do it (except some rear luck cases). There is no way even for super professionals to earn $ 10.100 profit without this "$ 1.110 losses during testing".

How does it convey to the general people? I dont know...

Dash do need to organize PR-work professionally - let's support this proposal!

Not doing it may save us several thousands of DASH, but it will deprive us of the time = "first mover advantage" = competitive advantage.

mnbudget vote-many a425e35fa2db7c55b0b0d8cb430b9df9925cb7cc1b9322d3635ec4c744121b00 yes

We should just have an incentive program for articles from people, regardless of their standing in this world or title. Reward good content.

There should be a bounty system built that has a public key available to watch the budget be spent for this specific stuff, completely transparent at this point and we can send Dash "rebates" to the actual authors of these articles thus creating a whole market where its incentivized to write a good article about Dash. Once we don't need this anymore it can be voted out and we have seen the ROI with our own eyes. We can watch how successful each article is in the real world and judge for ourselves.

It's really not a hard problem to solve if you put your head to it.

This is essentially a presidential election that never ends, no? Lets run it like a grassroots campaign and just toss on incentives and then you have a decentralized autonomous marketing team.

Pay $40-75 per "quality"* article and everyone will be very happy to do their research and do a dash write up.
*The quality should be determined on DT per article/by "micro" vote of the community. Just like a state law would be approached or something like that.

Pros of this approach: transparent, measurable, decentralized, incentivizes a whole network of people to get involved.

Pros of a single company doing it all behind the scenes (trying to be fair here) : Might happen faster, might be cheaper, might be "better quality"

Anything I'm missing in this write up? Any questions I can think out from anyone? This is me being helpful, not harmful as you've requested, so don't come at me with attitudes please. I FULLY understood what i was undertaking when I started opening my mouth. but for the record I do not own a masternode, I did not make this decision I merely informed the community of my opinion as an active member of Dash. So where did I go wrong? By being rude? Well I apologize for that, but its a two way street. There is no end game here, just me doing my part. Its a thankless task to speak the truth(in my mind obviously) 24/7 but it's all i know how to do. So forgive me.

Edit: And for the record, I never mean't to "insult" anyone personally this is just politics sometimes, things get heated. I still love you all. Dash most of all. Maybe more than alot of people here it is starting to feel like. Just standing up for the little guy! If you felt insulted by me, PM me and I will personally apologize and give your opinions honest thought. Just a fiery soul, it's not natural for me to filter myself for anyone. Trust me, my girlfriend HATES it sometimes. haha.

edit: and they called me a troll who doesn't know PR/Marketing... haha can we let this go now people? Please?

More wisdom from the marketing genius
we are running grassroots campaign since 2 years
why this does not work any more i explained to you before

you can write as many articles as you want
PUBLISHING is the issue !

kot
good effort man
we will march on

Back