• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin was gone. (Magically Stolen or disappeared by itself) ?

numbertech

Just found out that my Darkcoin was gone. (Stolen or disappeared by itself) ?
Date: 12/10/2014 05:36
Debit: -2.00047468 DRK
Debit: -2.00847852 DRK
Debit: -0.02463131 DRK
Debit: -2.02205862 DRK
Debit: -0.0016354 DRK
Debit: -2.00461013 DRK
Net amount: -8.06188866 DRK

Transaction ID: 0ca1c954d88bbb2fd18b82eefe14a6b270637c2b329b230188230a1b13694f3b
and amount was send to this Address XumY26s9f7RV6Q2U44ds4zGJm1FJNVFwAv without my consent.

1hdlhy.jpg

What had happen? can get it back ?

EDIT
What I'm don't understand are ... Why the transaction screenshot don't have TO Address ? Why there are 6 debit in a single transaction ?

Last edited by a moderator:
numbertech I'm sorry to read about your loss.

Can you give us a few more details? What OS are you running? Do you have antivirus installed (if so, what kind?) What kind of internet connection do you use (DSL with firewall built into router?).

The fact that there is a transaction ID shows that your coins did not simply disappear. Something or someone sent them from your wallet. I'm sorry to rub salt in your wounds but for the benefit of anybody else reading this, this is a good example why your wallet must always be encrypted with a strong pass phrase.

Your coins are gone and you're not getting them back but if you can give us as much info as possible then perhaps we will be able to identify what happened and perhaps use this info to warn others.

What I'm don't understand are ... Why the transaction screenshot don't have TO Address ? Why there are 6 debit in a single transaction ?

Windows 7, AVG Virus and Fibre Optic with Router.

numbertech I'm sorry to read about your loss.

Can you give us a few more details? What OS are you running? Do you have antivirus installed (if so, what kind?) What kind of internet connection do you use (DSL with firewall built into router?).

The fact that there is a transaction ID shows that your coins did not simply disappear. Something or someone sent them from your wallet. I'm sorry to rub salt in your wounds but for the benefit of anybody else reading this, this is a good example why your wallet must always be encrypted with a strong pass phrase.

Your coins are gone and you're not getting them back but if you can give us as much info as possible then perhaps we will be able to identify what happened and perhaps use this info to warn others.

Wallet Empty. Lucky Only 8 DRK in this wallet.

looking at block chain the wallet you see where your funds combined it with .374 in funds with from a masternode payment to
but AFAIK there isn't really any reversal process other that the receiver sends it back.... did it empty your wallet or did it just take a portion of coins?

Just out of interest, download eset 30 day trial and run a full scan. I've found AVG has missed a lot in the past.

Ok, I'm remembered downloaded darkCoin-cpuminer-1.3-avx-aes-windows-binaries.zip 2 days before my coin was stolen. AVG scanned and prompted IDP Trojan. Perhaps this was the reason. Any can comment ?

Ok, I'm remembered downloaded darkCoin-cpuminer-1.3-avx-aes-windows-binaries.zip 2 days before my coin was stolen. AVG scanned and prompted IDP Trojan. Perhaps this was the reason. Any can comment ?
Seems like there is your answer. Coupled with no encryption on the wallet file itself, seems like this is the most probable reason.

numbertech are you now secure? Have you ridden your PC of trojans and created a wallet with strong passphrase? If so, Then message me your wallet address.

Installed both ESET and AVG and also run full system scan and clean all Trojans, hope it is secure now. Deleted all old wallet and encrypt new wallet with super long passphrase. Wi-Fi router password change too.

My new wallet address is XiKe466z6J4YzA9jRgCcebzAbobpBWQHPX

numbertech are you now secure? Have you ridden your PC of trojans and created a wallet with strong passphrase? If so, Then message me your wallet address.

Update on my Missing 8 DRK.

A day after my DRK coin went missing, some activity occur at this http://explorer.darkcoin.io/address/XumY26s9f7RV6Q2U44ds4zGJm1FJNVFwAv address because it started to sent out my coin to http://explorer.darkcoin.io/tx/539e5926a61c4c03e27980a127db56f5c0ed794742c17e646a759d3ca1373163#i0 and than to here http://explorer.darkcoin.io/address/XeDRKBGjUHaM3tp9oSK2izZ1MPwyGmTKzh,so I'm think all DRK in this address XeDRKBGjUHaM3tp9oSK2izZ1MPwyGmTKzh are stolen from others as well.

Back