• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Please Update To v10.14.1 - Masternode Security Update

At current rate debug.log will grow ~5 Mb per hour or 120 Mb per day. That's not too much may be but what if an attacker increase rate of creating invalid MNs? Say 10 times -> 1.2 Gb per day? That's a lot.

At current rate debug.log will grow ~5 Mb per hour or 120 Mb per day. That's not too much may be but what if an attacker increase rate of creating invalid MNs? Say 10 times -> 1.2 Gb per day? That's a lot.

It's just because a bunch of the nodes still think those masternodes are valid and keep sending them around. It'll stop in a few hours.

QT wallet is pegging the CPU to 100% for me. I have to wait five minutes minimum just to attempt to use it.

Bash:
propulsion@S7 ~/.darkcoin $ 
(darkcoin-qt:9340): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_get_direction: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

I'm seeing the above error while it hangs.

What would you need from me to debug; the MakeFile perhaps?

There has def been damage. Since the attacker was able to insert his own masternodes into the list without needing the 1000 coins he was able to receive tons of payments...

http://explorer.darkcoin.io/address/XwzmEE1cJ6HG84CgJvAt7ADmJ8W9Wh65Tq

All payments from today.
At least he found the vuln before it gets worse, he should be rewarded with what he found. He said he would test Darksend more, I can't wait to hear what he finds. I would love to raise fund for him if he can help more.

At least he found the vuln before it gets worse, he should be rewarded with what he found. He said he would test Darksend more, I can't wait to hear what he finds. I would love to raise fund for him if he can help more.
Nah, let's see if he can 'raise' any more funds for himself. :eek:

do i have to update the local wallet as well ?

He'll go on getting paid until everyone has updated, which is why I was surprised there wasn't a protocol/version bump to kick older versions off. Maybe that would have caused too much pool-related aggravation? Eventually the client/MN/pool codebases should be separated perhaps, the better to contain and manage such incidents.

Need more manpower... hopefully The Foundation has a fundraising plan. If not we need to think about coming up with something in that department.

Yeah, his run rate is about 78k DRK per year. Current salary in fiat would be $165k/year. Not bad for 8 hours of coding. I hope he turns white hat and joins the dev team.
I hope so too...

XwzmEE1cJ6HG84CgJvAt7ADmJ8W9Wh65Tq, If you read this, please join the dark side... I mean please join us ... lol :smile:

I hope so too...

XwzmEE1cJ6HG84CgJvAt7ADmJ8W9Wh65Tq, If you read this, please join the dark side... I mean please join us ... lol :smile:
You can still wear a black hat (or helmet) if you want to. With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict, and bring order to crypto currency.

Just in case . . .this applies only to MN operators right. If i use 0.9.13 wallet still use the same version, I see no update ?Thanks

Back