• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

pre-proposal DashBus Venezuela..Transporting to the future

Would you vote for this proposal?

• Total voters

AlbertOrtega

As Dash Bus team, we present to you a proposal for mass use of Dash and its tools as a payment method in collective transport units for interurban routes.

- What is expected for the benefit of the Dash community

- Will be imparted a series of talks and lectures to servers and users of interurban public transport, so that they adopt the currency and its tools as a payment method for this service, thus increasing the number of members of the Dash community in sectors of the population Venezuelan, that not only handle the currency, but are well informed about it, and act as multiplying agents of this knowledge in different spaces.
- Acceptance of Dash as a form of payment by forty (40) interurban transport service providers, in an initial phase. As well as the incorporation of more than two thousand (2,000) users of the currency and its management tools (2000 wallets discharged), in this first phase.
- Collection of important data about the implementation of Dash as a regular form of payment for different services, as well as defining processes for the expansion, in number and diversity, of Dash as a payment method for mass services within cities logistics operation.
- Promote projects already established and coordinate with these and new entrepreneurs about the use of Dash in the country, so that the Dash Venezuela community grows in number and strength.
-Strengthen the perception of Dash beyond a cryptocurrency to invest, for the speculative market, for protection or increase of capital and big dimensions commercial interchange, and that is assimilated like a coin really usable in the daily life.

pre-proposal video:

Attachments

• Dash Bus .pdf
    544 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Sounds good. I like how you target only one sector.
What qualifies you and your team for this proposal? Do your have connections to transport buisiness or would you start from scratch?

Hello Community Dash! This project is very beneficial for the community because in Venezuela one of the first problems is the cash, In addition to the inflation to the drivers complicates the purchase of spare parts and make timely resoectivos maintenance, would be the most viable solution to the problem . Congratulations!

Hello Community Dash! This project is very beneficial for the community because in Venezuela one of the first problems is the cash, In addition to the inflation to the drivers complicates the purchase of spare parts and make timely resoectivos maintenance, would be the most viable solution to the problem . Congratulations!
Thanks for the support. It's what we are looking for with this initiative, to facilitate means of payment for users and help to protect the income of drivers so that they can provide a better service. A win-win relationship for users and drivers, while increasing the members of the Dash community.

Sounds good. I like how you target only one sector.
What qualifies you and your team for this proposal? Do your have connections to transport buisiness or would you start from scratch?
Greetings.
The Dash Bus team is made up of diversified professionals in various specialties such as management, projects, pedagogy, entrepreneurship, among others. Beyond having some relatives and acquaintances in the field, we do not develop activities related to the transport business, but as users we know from our own experience the difficult situation of the sector, both for the users, with the shortage of cash, and providers of the service due to inflation and accelerated devaluation of the local currency.
As connoisseurs and enthusiasts of Dash, we know the potential of its application as a payment method to solve these problems to a large extent, and we believe that focusing the particularities of Dash to the specific sector can help to assimilate more easily the use of this cryptocurrency as payment method.
Thanks for the interest in the details of the proposal.

Dear @AlbertOrtega,

tank you for the use case to studie.

1st question come to me, how does users can payed in Dash at the bus ? Do you have Internet coverage everywere ?
2nd, what happen if all are well cover with internet and a morning, internet goes down at the bus station ?

Regards,

And what about :
1st question come to me, how does users can payed in Dash at the bus ? Do you have Internet coverage everywere ?
2nd, what happen if all are well cover with internet and a morning, internet goes down at the bus station ?
tank you

Dear @AlbertOrtega,

tank you for the use case to studie.

Regards,
Best regards,
Thanks for the question,

Venezuela occupies one of the highest places in the region in terms of mobile telephony. On average we have a mobile phone per inhabitant, and more than half of them are smartphones. More of 49% of the population access the internet from their smartphone (at the lowest cost in the entire region), mostly young students and workers, who are the ones use the collective transport service in a massive way, so, in the first instance, we count with the mobile connection from the users themselves.
For its part, the plan aims to provide drivers with the necessary tools for the system to operate, including devices and data connection. However, it has not been contemplated in this first stage, but the start-up of Wi-Fi signal at the bus station can be included.

In case of events where connection can not be guaranteed at the bus station, we are working on a system to provide tickets through the DashBus website, which will be canceled with Dash, and the DashBus website provide information and relevant links for the generation of paper wallets if so desired, not only for when there is no internet but for those who don't wish to use their mobile device.

This first stage of the project will allow us to collect data of these situations, to take corrective actions in its expansion.
All possible scenarios are being evaluated, all suggestions are welcome.

And what about :
tank you
I'm sorry, we had some problems responding to the previous comment.

we reiterate the answer:

Venezuela occupies one of the highest places in the region in terms of mobile telephony. On average we have a mobile phone per inhabitant, and more than half of them are smartphones. More of 49% of the population access the internet from their smartphone (at the lowest cost in the entire region), mostly young students and workers, who are the ones use the collective transport service in a massive way, so, in the first instance, we count with the mobile connection from the users themselves.
For its part, the plan aims to provide drivers with the necessary tools for the system to operate, including devices and data connection. However, it has not been contemplated in this first stage, but the start-up of Wi-Fi signal at the bus station can be included.
In case of events where connection can not be guaranteed at the bus station, we are working on a system to provide tickets through the DashBus website, which will be canceled with Dash, and the DashBus website provide information and relevant links for the generation of paper wallets if so desired, not only for when there is no internet but for those who don't wish to use their mobile device.
This first stage of the project will allow us to collect data of these situations, to take corrective actions in its expansion.
All possible scenarios are being evaluated, all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks again for the interest!

Greetings from Caracas.

I like the idea of implementing Dash as a payment method in the public transportation system. Right now and since many years ago, public transportation has been suffering great problems regarding payments, as you said, starting from the unavailability of cash, to insecurity (robberies). In this sense and taking into account that the insecurity problem in Venezuela is a huge thing, what do you think about the fact that people must use their mobiles/cellphones when entering to the bus to pay with Dash? I think there's a risk because particularly, I don't use my cellphone in any street of the country, only in "closed" spaces like malls, for example, because I could be robbed. It's a very particular and specific thing but it's the reality we are living in Venezuela.

In other sense, do you have any structured plan to organize the content for the conferences and the education process of the communities and the drivers?

Have you already established conversations with the transportation labor unions (sindicatos)? These groups are very closed and oftenly they take the decisions of the drivers groups of every community together.

Congratulations for your preproposal and your great idea. Hope you can improve it with suggestions or opinions from the Dash community.

You can have our support from the Dash Youth Venezuela team for any advice or support with the educational plan.

Best regards!

Showny.

Awesome Idea! I like that you guys are starting relatively small so we can have some data to use for expanding the program. Excited for the full proposal.

Have you found any public transport providers who are willing to integrate right out of the gate? How will the bus drivers be accepting Dash? Will there be a terminal on the bus, will people pay before boarding? Could you give some more details on the logistics?

Hello guys, interesting proposal! I like that you guys want to approach to one specific target. We are running a merchant adoption program (Dash Merchant Venezuela) right now in Caracas and I think we can help each other to have better results. Besides, we are running Dash Help Venezuela (support center/call center), so we can help you guys with that too.

Feel free to contact me either in the PM of the forum or my email [email protected].

Saludos pana!
AlejandroE

Last edited:
Back