• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Core Team Q2 2017 Summary Call

kot

Masternode Owner/Operator
Dear Dash Community Members,

On behalf of the Dash Core Team I would like to invite you for the quarterly call to discuss project progress made during Q2 2017, summarize Core Team activities and answer your questions.

Dash-Q2-2017-Core-Team-Call.jpg

The call will take place on Thursday, 20th of July at 14:00 UTC on our WebEx channel:
https://meetings.webex.com/collabs/...7ZH9FVHQW9GF0R92W5JGX4-10JSD&rnd=515570.67338

There are 100 places available in our virtual meeting room. The call will be recorded and shared on the forum.

Agenda:
  1. Welcome and Introduction
  2. Software Development Update
  3. Business Development Update
  4. Marketing and Communication Update
  5. Project Organization Update
  6. Project Finance Update
  7. Summary
  8. Q&A
Feel free to prepare and submit your questions earlier, here in this thread or you will have an opportunity to ask your questions during the call (this time we are planning live Q&A session, if there will be no technical issues during the session).

US TOLL:+1-415-655-0001
Meeting Number: 193 407 959

From the other countries, you could try numbers from the list published on the Cisco website (however I cannot guarantee if they work): http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/about/conferencing-global-access-numbers.html

Thank you
Robert Wiecko

Last edited:
Question: Being the first to market is very important in the crypto space, and I have been hearing a lot of questions about our development speed - eg., "When is Dash going to be added to this exchange?", "When is evolution going to be ready?",...etc. Can you identify any bottlenecks in Dash's technical, business, governance, or social development that can be improved? What are some of the best ways for people who are newly interested in Dash to get involved?

There was a suggestion some time ago that another "open house" or dash conference would take place this year. Is it possible to lock in a date and location as soon as possible?

Has the core team been in contact with revolut regarding their announcement that they will introduce cryptocurrencies onto their platform?

Question: Are there any plans to release monthly or quarterly budget/spending reports?

With the current price of Dash the core team controls and I assume spends a pretty big pot of money each month. Funds unspent from previous requests, funds allocated to specific projects, regular budget requests (if submitted). I am not looking for detail down to the person but maybe by the level of the "normal monthly budget requests" to show teams like development and administrative staff and major vendor / external projects or contracts (anything over some reasonable amount.) If this exists and I missed it I am sure someone will point it out ;-) I would hope there are systems in place that would not make this a huge burden - if not there should be a plan to get there.... Like Ryan needs help ;-)

I have some questions:

Is there any plan to reduce proposal cost?

Is there any plan to attract more developers and small size proposals?

Thanks,

1 Protonmail integration update
2 Lamassu/bitguild/ira miller ATM update
3 Fiat gateways update
4 Coinbase integration? :p
5 Trust-less masternode shares and voting ETA
6 Masternode blinding ETA
7 Proposal fee changes, other fee changes update

I could go on for hours, but i'll stop :D
Thanks in advance!

1) Is there a strategy in place to get dash listed on more major exchanges? This is currently dash's weakest link. Imagine evolution is released as the most user friendly / easy to use platform yet users still need to purchase the currency through Bitcoin. Kind of defeats the purpose straight out of the gate.

2) When can the dash core team provide additional communication support to the community. These quarterly calls are great but in between there is mostly silence. Having a permanent spokes person on reddit and slack etc relaying any critical concerns or information back and forth would be great.

Last edited:
Given Bitmain entering the Dash Asic space- does this open any doors in China? Have we reached out to them?

Cheers, looking forward to the call.

Given the recent developments in the general cryptosphere, what is the Core team's standpoint on Segwit and its applicability to the Dash roadmap? Same question for LN.

Question: Are there any plans to release monthly or quarterly budget/spending reports?

With the current price of Dash the core team controls and I assume spends a pretty big pot of money each month. Funds unspent from previous requests, funds allocated to specific projects, regular budget requests (if submitted). I am not looking for detail down to the person but maybe by the level of the "normal monthly budget requests" to show teams like development and administrative staff and major vendor / external projects or contracts (anything over some reasonable amount.) If this exists and I missed it I am sure someone will point it out ;-) I would hope there are systems in place that would not make this a huge burden - if not there should be a plan to get there.... Like Ryan needs help ;-)
Hi @joem
You can find monthly budget reports in this section on the forum: https://www.dash.org/forum/topic/official-announcements.54/
They are being published since a long time

Quarterly report is presented during each call by Ryan (please check the slides and video)

What is the policy for members of Core coming on to shows/interviews/etc.?
There is no policy. We just recommend that the person should complete the media training offered by our PR agency. The training gives an information on how to deal with reporters, answer difficult questions, behave during the interview etc.

1. I read the current dash roadmap and there seems to be several period of recruitment coming up. How many developers both full and part time is dash looking to hire?

2. What are the primary issues the dash core development team is having right now that deters progress?

1 Protonmail integration update
2 Lamassu/bitguild/ira miller ATM update
3 Fiat gateways update

4 Coinbase integration? :p
5 Trust-less masternode shares and voting ETA
6 Masternode blinding ETA
7 Proposal fee changes, other fee changes update

I could go on for hours, but i'll stop :D
Thanks in advance!

Ad.1. This project is on hold due to the extensive work on the other system features on ProtonMail side. https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/protonmail-integration.13066/
Ad.2+3. The update will be shared very soon (on the forum, but not during the Q2 call)
Ad.4. Nothing that I would know about :). Hopefully it comes sooner o later ;)
I am putting other questions on the list for the call

Back