• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Search results

1. xkcd

POSE banned Evo node "is not a Regular"?

This is a complete red herring. The message you are seeing is completely fine.
  2. xkcd

System wide Masternode Setup with Systemd auto (re)start RFC

This will work for evonodes when we go live with them, however, the DMZ will need to be expanded to install the extra 4 or 5 services that make an Evonode tick, I will work on that when we have a stable tech stack, currently, we don't.
  3. xkcd

POSE banned Evo node "is not a Regular"?

You can do a pull request on the site. I agree that there does seem to be deficit when dealing with the evonodes. https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/docs/user/masternodes/maintenance.html#proupservtx
  4. xkcd

System wide Masternode Setup with Systemd auto (re)start RFC

Recommended approaches for this is to edit the dash.conf file located in either /etc/dash.conf or /home/dash/.dashcore/dash.conf and add the parameter reindex=1 and then comment it out after restarting.
  5. xkcd

CMC rates Dash at 4.1/5 stars - How to push it up

You just did.
  6. xkcd

Cryptocurrency Investment in 2024

Sure! It's Dash! :)
  7. xkcd

Why is the receive address different from the one I had ?

The addresses are generated based on the seed words using a 'derivation path', there are unlimited possible addresses that can be generated. The wallet will continue to show you the next 'unused' address, once a deposit is made to it, it will then show you the next address available and so on...
  8. xkcd

Why is the receive address different from the one I had ?

Dash is UTXO based, not account based like Ethereum. To improve privacy, the wallet will always generate a new address for you, as you noticed, the old address still works. A note on terminology, a wallet is a just a collection of addresses.
  9. xkcd

I think Dash needs some changes

You were not banned or muted, it seems the automod gave you a time out for a post you made that looked scammy, but a moderator there has added you to the bypass role so this shouldn't happen again. No need to FUD the discord, you didn't say anything that should earn you a strike, although much...
  10. xkcd

My understanding is the same data limits will apply to the NFTs, so you won' be able to store an image in them, just the hash of an image that is located somewhere else.
  11. xkcd

QE expressed concern that if enough data was allowed to be stored on chain, that platform would be used to store so-called 'illegal data'. He then mused that MNOs could act as moderators and delete said data which they felt crossed the line (whatever that line is) and of course he got some push...
  12. xkcd

It might have been an opportunistic PR where he saw the chance to get this done now and it made sense, eg, he was already working with the same code, had spare time, or felt it made 'sense' to add this feature now. It could also be a form of procrastination, where he secretly loathes the...
  13. xkcd

EU enacts ban on anonymous crypto transactions via self-custody wallets

Yep, basically, your point is that the EU is a testing ground and these measures will make their way into the USA (Freedom) soon enough. That's very likely, in fact the US is probably the ones pulling the strings of the puppets in the EU to make this happen. I always saw this day as...
  14. xkcd

EU enacts ban on anonymous crypto transactions via self-custody wallets

It's really sad to see such a wonderful group of countries go down the sewer like this. I hope everyone under this regime goes out and loads up on as much crypto as they can while they still can. I fear these draconian measures are only a precursor to a massive devaluation of the Euro and...
  15. xkcd

This a bit harsh. I've always been a supporter or more people voting in the DAO and I am supporter of the MNO plan where the DAO is funded from the MNO pay directly and exclusively. What I objected to above, is defunded the DCG proposal. I did agree what if it were defunded and splinter team...
  16. xkcd

Yep, I think this would happen too.
  17. xkcd

I can’t transfer tokens to another wallet

Are you sure Qwizzie? The latest version is now maintained by @pshenmic from the Dash Incubator. https://dash-electrum.org/
  18. xkcd

Defunding core will not get Evo delivered sooner, instead it will kill the project and cause mass panic selling.
  19. xkcd

Qwizzie, these are valid questions and you can address them to the team during today's sprint review, please tune in and ask them clearly and hopefully you get some answers. I did already inquire about the MN_RR EHF and the answer is that v20 can still activate platform, if it were ready to...
  20. xkcd

Yes, qwizzie, the same team that re-wrote the antiquated platform from JavaScript to Rust, the team that threw out MongoDB and invented a new Database system called GroveDB https://www.grovedb.org/ the same team that linked AI into the generation of data contracts with https://dashpay.io/ the...
Back