• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Yay! My remote masternode is up! A question about the local "1000 Dash Controlling" wallet

nightowl

Hi Guys

So pretty soon my masternode is going to start computing some very cool Dash Evolution API calls! Very excited about that!

I have the standard "remote masternode setup" with a local "full blockchain" dash-qt wallet on my laptop. I presume if I turn off my laptop (and the local dash-qt dies) that my masternode will still be seen as a valid masternode.

It might be a stupid question but I'd just like to get some clarity on it and it will help other newcomers like me.

Thank you!

If you have remote setup then YES you can throw away your laptop :)

You will need your local to restart it when the remote server is down or simply to restart when the new protocol will be bumped.

Btw. Learn how to use coin control feature before moving the funds from your local wallet so you will not damage the 1000 coins input.

Cheers

Splawik

Thank you guys! Thank you for mentioning the start/restart. My next question was: should I manually lock those funds? Thank you splawik21, you've cleared that up as well!

Yes, you should lock them manually BUT check it always because the 1000 coins input should be locked automaticly IF you have masternode.conf file in your appdata folder.

Back