• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

World Series of Poker booth

Community,
Every year, the World Series of Poker (WSOP) has many booths that are along the main hallway of the Rio. Thousands of people pass by these booths every day, and many of them have money to gamble. Many of these people also have experience transferring bitcoin as it is a very popular way to move money between offshore poker sites, especially in the US.
Right now bitcoin deposits on sites are taking ~$1.40 round trip in fees, and users often have to wait at LEAST 40 minutes for their money to show up. The instant send of dash would be a powerful demonstration that people who downloaded a wallet could experience. If we could spread dash in the poker community, this would create pressure for poker sites to accept dash.
If we set up a booth to give away even just .1 dash to people who downloaded the wallet, we'd get at least hundreds of new users, guaranteed. It might be beneficial to be ready with changelly or shapeshift.io in case someone asks about transferring bitcoin.
I propose that someone create a proposal to rent a booth for all of the series run (May 31 - July 18), and pay some models to stand there and make these Dash transactions.
It might be too late to do it this year, but lets discuss to see if there's any interest, since they have these every year, and there are other World Poker Tour and WSOP events around the world.

Community,
Every year, the World Series of Poker (WSOP) has many booths that are along the main hallway of the Rio. Thousands of people pass by these booths every day, and many of them have money to gamble. Many of these people also have experience transferring bitcoin as it is a very popular way to move money between offshore poker sites, especially in the US.
Right now bitcoin deposits on sites are taking ~$1.40 round trip in fees, and users often have to wait at LEAST 40 minutes for their money to show up. The instant send of dash would be a powerful demonstration that people who downloaded a wallet could experience. If we could spread dash in the poker community, this would create pressure for poker sites to accept dash.
If we set up a booth to give away even just .1 dash to people who downloaded the wallet, we'd get at least hundreds of new users, guaranteed. It might be beneficial to be ready with changelly or shapeshift.io in case someone asks about transferring bitcoin.
I propose that someone create a proposal to rent a booth for all of the series run (May 31 - July 18), and pay some models to stand there and make these Dash transactions.
It might be too late to do it this year, but lets discuss to see if there's any interest, since they have these every year, and there are other World Poker Tour and WSOP events around the world.
This sounds like a great idea to me. It would reach a nice demographic of people who would appreciate fast and private transactions.

Fantastic idea. Another great use case and one that can highlight Dash's advantages. I would vote for it.

I had a similar, grander (dare I say better) idea. The following quote is straight from an employee of Caesars who deals with such matters:

"We have significant compliance issues with cryptocurrency and do not accept it for tournaments or general gaming. We would need to pass. Thanks for thinking of us."

Back