Wikipedia: Darkcoin

vertoe

Three of Nine
Mar 28, 2014
Unimatrix Zero One
Darksend's mixing is performed on Masternodes, which have the responsibility of signing the transactions. For each round of Darksend, a random Masternode is elected to perform the coin mixing. Masternodes are trust-less, in the sense that they cannot steal user coins, however they do know where the coins are coming from and where they end-up to. This will not be possible with Darksend+ (RC4), which combines multiple Masternodes in order to prevent full knowledge of inputs/outputs.
I'm not fully understanding this paragraph, what is not possible?

TsuyokuNaritai

May 24, 2014
I'm not fully understanding this paragraph, what is not possible?
According to that paragraph, it's not possible with RC4 for individual Masternodes to know where the coins are coming from and where they end-up. But surely the first Masternode will know where the coins are coming from, and the last one will know where they end up, and if only one round of mixing is used then a masternode will know both. Maybe it needs an edit.

Last edited by a moderator:

raze

King of the Morlocks
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Mar 9, 2014
Dash Address
Xtrdw361DvoyDhxL5XoeAvTxTPvM4dXuLW
The article has gotten a bit dated. Could someone write a brief description of InstantX? I'd do it myself, but I don't think I understand how it works well enough. The History section could use some fleshing out too.

Reactions: vertoe

vertoe

Three of Nine
Mar 28, 2014
Unimatrix Zero One
The article has gotten a bit dated. Could someone write a brief description of InstantX? I'd do it myself, but I don't think I understand how it works well enough. The History section could use some fleshing out too.
I can explain it to you, but dont have time to write updates myself.
A good starting point would be the paper, it's very well explaining how it works.
https://www.darkcoin.io/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/InstantTX.pdf

alfredbill

May 15, 2018
A digital currency in which encryption techniques are used to regulate the generation of units of currency and verify the transfer of funds, operating independently of a central bank. The decentralized control of each cryptocurrency works through a blockchain, which is a public transaction database, functioning as a distributed ledger. Currencies are easily used to transfer the balance between the parties in transactions. These transfers go around the use of public and private encryption keys for security purposes. The transfer of balances ends with lower processing fees, allowing users to avoid sharp shipping fees from most banks and financial institutions. The first Cryptocurrency is Bitcoin which is created by a guy or an organization called Satoshi Nakamoto (Identity is still unknown). Bitcoin is legal in Japan. Other countries are still studying about its potential and threats to the economy.