• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Why Why is kraken not back online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitcointrader

No one on kraken can trade and any trades put In in advance can not be changed or stopped. This means a lot has been lost for anyone trading on kraken. I just finally had my money returned by kraken into my account of course kraken backdated deposit date. Before I could take anything out kraken shut down. They keep writing nonsense in the updates and some insertions messages like us loosing money is all a big laugh to them and then there is the worrying message that the holdup is NOT about money or bit coin or dash stolen... now what is really going on there???,? Why can it possibly take that long

this can take as much times as it needs
updating severs ? downloading new blockchains for all wallets ? new security this and that ...?!
no need to stress - they will gen back and hopefully faster (better servers) than ever so it was worth the wait ;)

They have a bug now
To me it sounds like they are a bunch of clowns who can not fix it an have let a virus in they can not get rid of. Either that or they just stole everything and are gaining time with super silly messages while changing their identity.

Last edited:

We are performing a system upgrade on Thursday, January 11 at approximately 5:00 UTC (Wednesday January 10 at 9 pm PT). Kraken services will be offline for about 2 hours during the upgrade, possibly longer. Withdrawals in all currencies will be offline for an additional 2-3 hours after other systems come online. If you submit a withdrawal request while withdrawals are offline, the withdrawal will be sent after withdrawals come online again.
Posted 2 days ago. Jan 10, 2018 - 21:59 UTC
Scheduled maintenance is currently in progress. We will provide updates as necessary.
Posted 2 days ago. Jan 11, 2018 - 05:00 UTC

We got a late start and the upgrade is moving slower than anticipated. We now expect to be able to bring services back online by Thursday, 10:00am UTC (2:00am PT) but will keep you updated as we get further in to the process.
Posted 2 days ago. Jan 11, 2018 - 07:34 UTC
We are still working on the upgrade and may be offline for another hour or more. Will provide another update when we get closer to coming back online.
Posted 2 days ago. Jan 11, 2018 - 10:01 UTC
The upgrade is going much more slowly than anticipated. It will probably be two hours or more until systems are back online.
Posted 2 days ago. Jan 11, 2018 - 12:14 UTC

In the final stage of installing the upgrade now. We are getting close but hard to give an exact ETA since it depends on how the final testing goes.
Posted 1 day ago. Jan 11, 2018 - 15:27 UTC
We are currently working to resolve a number of issues that came up during final testing. At this stage it is uncertain when exactly these issues can be fixed, but we will update again when a more definite ETA can be given.
Posted 1 day ago. Jan 11, 2018 - 19:07 UTC
We are making progress on the few remaining issues but don't have a definite launch time yet. We intend to cancel stale (and possibly all) orders and pause liquidations upon resuming service. More details to follow soon. Thank you for your patience.
Posted 1 day ago. Jan 11, 2018 - 21:41 UTC

Inching our way to the finish line over here, devs mainlining coffee. Funds are all secure and protracted downtime has nothing to do with funding/reserves. Yes, this is our new record for downtime since we launched in 2013. No, we're not proud of it. Working hard to ensure that when we come back online things are running as smoothly and safely as possible. We'll give you another update in a few hours or as soon as we have something new to report.
Posted 1 day ago. Jan 12, 2018 - 00:43 UTC

Thank you for your continued patience while we work through these unexpected and delicate issues. We are continuing to make progress but don't have a specific timeline for relaunch at the moment.
Posted 1 day ago. Jan 12, 2018 - 03:11 UTC
We are close but rather than launch immediately ahead of the team passing out, we will push off a bit to get some rest and be able to better monitor systems and react to problems following launch. Unfortunately, this means several more hours of delay. We do not have a definite time but it will not be before 9:00AM UTC (1:00AM PT).
Posted 1 day ago. Jan 12, 2018 - 03:46 UTC
We
are still working on the upgrade and may be offline for several more hours. Will provide another update when we get closer to coming back online.

This means the Site will not be up after 9:00AM UTC (1:00AM PT).
Posted 1 day ago. Jan 12, 2018 - 08:00 UTC

We are still working to resolve the issues that we have identified and our team is working around the clock to ensure a smooth upgrade.

This means it may still take several hours before we can relaunch the site.
Posted about 21 hours ago. Jan 12, 2018 - 12:05 UTC

We are still working to track down an elusive bug which is holding up launch. This bug did not appear in our many weeks of testing and only emerged in the production environment. Unfortunately, it is not consistently reproducible and we cannot launch until this issue is resolved. To reiterate our earlier statement: stale (and possibly all) orders will be canceled, and liquidations will be paused before trading is resumed. We will be offering a substantial amount of free trading following resolution. All funds remain secure.
Posted about 13 hours ago. Jan 12, 2018 - 20:15 UTC

Order book data is not being displayed properly. Pausing trading while we investigate.
Posted about 2 hours ago. Jan 13, 2018 - 11:54 UTC

Yes well they appear to have been running for at least a few minutes. I was looking regularly day and night and missed this. That glitch they have is an old one. I had that a month ago when I traded and it was 1000 off the real value and went through immediately costing loads. I never got that back from them and they completely ignored all my tickets. Could be a virus? They just let it simmer and now it blows back in their face.

• Withdrawals are now disabled and will remain disabled for a minimum of 12 hours (during this time we will be monitoring the new system for anomalies) but I can still not log in.
  • MAINTENANCE ANNOUNCEMENT***

Kraken is presently offline for maintenance.

While maintenance is underway, the website and API will not be reachable, and orders will not be able to be placed or canceled.

The Kraken Team

High 20000 fell sharp to low 11500 past hour and I can not log in. Price going up every minute past 12000 now. Volume of 50 normal is 200 to 600 so they are transferring a lot out of people's accounts. And the people can not log in. Lines were like normal trading few minutes ago but now appear more blocked like a machine at work. I am convinced now they are robbing accounts.

Last edited:
Dash

• LAST
    €940.000
  • HIGH
    €13,500.000
  • LOW
    €677.811
  • On coin gecko 945. I missed out on buying my dash back elsewhere that I had sold off. I still have not got my money back. Anyone else want to put them on a pyre? Hear them scream in agony instead. I had no sleep for days checking and now they are running something and I can not get back in. If anyone can get in please let me know.

We have corporate account on Kraken, but honestly we don't like how kraken works. We had some issues with Kraken when they were unable to process deposit properly so we lose some money because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back