• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Why is the blockchain explorer limited to 1000 rows?

crowning

With p2p-pools and mixing the blockchain explorer shows more and more addresses with "I'm sorry, this address has too many records to display."

Looking into the source code shows that address_history_rows_max is set to 1000.
This limit was introduced into the bitcoin-abe end of 2011.

Is this limit still necessary today?

For my personal stats I do some blockchain-parsing via the official blockchain explorer, and this has become a bit annoying lately.

eduffield ?

With p2p-pools and mixing the blockchain explorer shows more and more addresses with "I'm sorry, this address has too many records to display."

Looking into the source code shows that address_history_rows_max is set to 1000.
This limit was introduced into the bitcoin-abe end of 2011.

Is this limit still necessary today?

For my personal stats I do some blockchain-parsing via the official blockchain explorer, and this has become a bit annoying lately.

eduffield ?
Evan is the wrong recipient here, as i am running explorer.darkcoin.io :)

The limit of 1000 rows is chosen to prevent DoS attacks against the server. You are free to run your own, personal one with no such limitations.

Evan is the wrong recipient here, as i am running explorer.darkcoin.io :)

The limit of 1000 rows is chosen to prevent DoS attacks against the server. You are free to run your own, personal one with no such limitations.

Oops, I tagged Evan because his name is mentioned there.

Any database recommendations?

I am running MySQL as DB backend, Postgres SQL should work the same.

I'm just a bit confused:

Code:
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Abe/util.py", line 8, in <module>
  from xcoin_hash import getPoWHash
ImportError: No module named xcoin_hash

Where can I buy that?

Those 3 all need JavaScript enabled to work properly.
Besides that I don't like that, it makes it nearly impossible to get and parse the information via automated scripts. And (if available) their APIs are lacking a bit...

I now have my own local blockchain explorer up and running, and it makes things much easier and faster.
If I would have known before just HOW easy it is to set up one I would have done it long before.

Back