• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Why has Core never received a seed function

mbgnkmp2

Hi guys!

Usually questions like these have already been sorted out by previous members, so if this is the case, just please point me out to the source that I'll dig into it.

Otherwise, I would like to ask of you guys if there is any reason as to why the Core wallet never received a seed option as a recovery method? I do have a hunch as to why, but I would like to confirm as well as to know precisely why it won't work should we try to implement it. Now, my guess is that since Core wallet is the only one able to do Darksend, the number of addresses generated is hugely insane (I myself have experienced this when I decided to do 8 rounds of it, had to backup my wallet at least three times since the address availability had been depleted) and therefore a deterministic wallet would be impractical (if not impossible) for it.

Although there is always the chance that it has never been implemented because Evolution will render this function unnecessary for wallet recovery.

Anyway, that's my question. Should you guys know it, please let me know.

Back