• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

wheres an actual good guide for mining? help?

daarion4

I want to start mining drk and vtc. Why does mining seem so hard? i tried getting cpu and gpu miner workin but to no avail.

CAnt someone successfully mining post a DETAILED guide on how to mine? it cant be that hard. i even signed up at the drk offical pool but couldnt get miner working. tried copy pasting pool links into miner, and directing the program to open minerd thats in a custom folder on my hard drive. am i on the right track? i take it u cant mine gpu miner with nvidia card? if not then i just want to try cpu mining and see if i can get some coins that way.

im tech savvy but not a programmer yet, if one of u texperts coukd show what things i need to paste and why that woukd be great. but a good guide is what people need. I want to support coins like vtc, drk , ltc and a few others, that have good features that make them stand out, and asic resistant features, anonymity, etc. but its a little discouraging when you scour forums/trying to link miner with pool, for hours trying to find a simple guide to start mining. ugh

heres my specs
nvid gtx 780
i7 4770k cpu
16bg ram
win7 64 bit

edit: found the guide link. checked a couple of the guides. lacked some clarity. can i gpu mine and cpu mine at the same time? is the above video card supported? how can i fine tune settings to be able to run my components cooler so they dont over heat? im willing to put time into this and get mining to help support drk network , thx

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes you can mine with your GPU and CPU, just need to use different miners.
Nvidia cards are not so great for mining, AMD is much better. For overheating, Darkcoin algos are different from scrypt, the consume less power and run much cooler

Back