• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Wallet syncing with future blocks?

mahowi

Why does the wallet try to sync the blockchain with future blocks?
DRK_blockchain.png

Current block is 65584, but wallet wants to sync up to block 267789.

as I understand it, there was a problem with the block chain trying to communicate with litecoin or some such. I think you have to throw out everything in your User/You/AppData/Roaming/darkcoin or /home/you/.darkcoin file EXCEPT wallet.dat and darkcoin.conf (even back up before you delete the others File=>Backup Wallet

Then re-sync, because I don't think you're on the correct blockchain at all.

as I understand it, there was a problem with the block chain trying to communicate with litecoin or some such. I think you have to throw out everything in your User/You/AppData/Roaming/darkcoin or /home/you/.darkcoin file EXCEPT wallet.dat and darkcoin.conf (even back up before you delete the others File=>Backup Wallet

Then re-sync, because I don't think you're on the correct blockchain at all.
I'm on the right blockchain and everything's working fine. And I have deleted everything after updating darkcoin-qt. I've seen this sometimes before with earlier versions. It seems to be more a cosmetical bug. It shows the correct block count (as I'm writing 65613) but looks like it wants to sync up to block count of LTC.

BTW: I'm on RC2 (v0.10.6.3-unk-beta).

Back