• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

wallet not syncd (rookie in need of help)

spencer-hunt

Hi guys, I'm hoping someone can help me, (I'm a rookie)

I'm pretty new to dash I got in about 2 years ago everything has been fine...but last night I turned on my laptop to buy and send some dash to my wallet, I then noticed my balance hadn't changed and it was out of sync.

My dash wallet is not syncd and has frozen I can't do anything on it, it still shows the balance of my dash, but not from my latest transactions..im hoping they will show once its all syncd again? iv done some research and I'm thinking maybe I need to up date my wallet to the latest version 12.3.3. could this cause my wallet to freeze?

My main question to you is if I download the latest version to my Mac, when it says (replace wallet) will this replace my wallet completely with a new one and ill lose my dash? or will it auto update it from the old version and just start to sync? Or if this is completely wrong what is the correct way?

regards Spencer

the update will replace the app (in application folder) NOT the database
but as usual you should always have a backup of the wallet.dat file (which is the most important part of your wallet)

thanks for the reply tundra.
is this the normal process in up dating a wallet? you just re-install new wallet from dash core. and replacing old one?

Back