• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

VPS dash deamon behaving irresponsible & hangs up

splawik21

Yeah, it's me....
Staff member
Dash Core Group
Foundation Member
Dash Support Group
Hi guys, I don`t ask usually for help here.... but I`ve decided to write here for some help anyway as I don`t know what to do...
I`ve asked Flare and Udjin is looking into my debug.log too
Anyway....
I`ve seen some of my MNs are not in ninja anymore so I went to vps to check if it is running.... the client was hung, I killed the process and rebooted the vps...:eek:
As Flare suggested I`ve removed the database* blocks chainstate too and started the dashd again...
To see if all is going good with syncing I`ve dashd getinfo and after 2 or 3 times I didn`t get the response back...
after some time I received this:

./dashd getinfo

[1]+ Stopped ./dashd getinfo
7WUVAOp.png

When going onto the debug.log the last thing is:

$
2015-04-08 21:35:32 ProcessBlock: ACCEPTED
2015-04-08 21:35:32 CheckBlock() : skipping masternode payment checks
2015-04-08 21:35:32 CheckBlock() : skipping masternode payment checks
2015-04-08 21:35:32 UpdateTip: new best=00000000002ce0bf21ceca0cd12344447ca7471$
2015-04-08 21:35:32 ProcessBlock: ACCEPTED

and than there is blank screen...no more entries ....

rebooting does not help, removing the database neither.... I don`t know what to do now.....other vps with the same paramethrs work cool for weeks now if not months with no issues.... but since yesterday I have problems and have 11 masternodes which can`t start because of this problem....
:confused:

any help would be greatfull.....

btw. sorry for english mistakes as I`m not the native writer/speaker... ;)

Thank you

edit: and no, it is not DDOS as I was in close contact with the admins of the vps service.

Last edited by a moderator:
moocowmoo thank you so so so much for looking at it now...

I'm trying to reproduce it but I can't so far.....
I ran "dashd -reindex" and then "while true ; do date; dashd getinfo && sleep 1; done"
So I get getinfo output almost every second and.... nothing unusual happened, it just synced up to the current block like it should...
Next time I deleted blocks/ and chainstate/ and again ran getinfo every second... same story, synced with no issues...

Maybe it's smth with vps machine? What are vps specifications (OS, RAM, CPU, HDD)?

EDIT: hmm.... ~10 blocks later it actually crashed.... with nothing specific in debug.log but at least it's reproducible. ok...

I'm trying to reproduce it but I can't so far.....
I ran "dashd -reindex" and then "while true ; do date; dashd getinfo && sleep 1; done"
So I get getinfo output almost every second and.... nothing unusual happened, it just synced up to the current block like it should...
Next time I deleted blocks/ and chainstate/ and again ran getinfo every second... same story, synced with no issues...

Maybe it's smth with vps machine? What are vps specifications (OS, RAM, CPU, HDD)?

EDIT: hmm.... ~10 blocks later it actually crashed.... with nothing specific in debug.log but at least it's reproducible. ok...
Dedicated RAM: 256MB
vSwap: 512MB
HW RAID10 HDD (Storage): 25GB
Premium Bandwidth: 500GB
CPU Cores: 2 Cores
Ubuntu 14.04 64-Bit

We reindex the blockchain too and it hangs after a while.

Am so glad to hear you can reproduce. I checked his hdd and ram, all fine. network was a bit bursty, but everything seems fine with his os. dashd would just freeze up like .16 was doing. (verified he's running .17)

It hung up with a complete blockchain too.
I rsync'd in a good offline copy of block/chainstate, daemon started up on proper block, hung before next block hit the network.

Back