• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Voting behind a VPN ?

it appears that I am unable to vote whilst hiding behind my VPN is there something I need to do to fix this ?

also behind a VPN my normal wallet transactions seem to fail I guess the cause for this is linked

Hi @semajjames how are you attempting to vote? If it is from local Dash Core wallet with VPN enabled, does the wallet show it is connected in the lower right corner? Do you see some signal bars or an error icon (see here: https://docs.dash.org/en/latest/wallets/dashcore/interface.html#the-status-icons ) Or are you trying to vote from DMT or DashCentral?

I suspect your VPN may not be forwarding all of your ports, specifically port 9999. If this is true, Dash Core wallet should indicate that it is not connected.

@demo you should know better, while the concerns in that thread you linked are real, it has nothing to do with the question asked here.

Can you copy and paste the command you are issuing and the resulting error message? Both for voting and a transaction if possible... Can you maybe try the same VPN connected to a different server? Do other P2P applications such as Bitcoin/Litecoin Core, Exodus, Electrum or even BitTorrent work or also fail? This type of traffic may be blocked by your VPN provider...

Back