• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Voorhees PRISM

slamdunk

Has anyone else caught the Erik Voorhees interview on "Crush the Street"?

1-I fail to see what PRISM offer a schlep like me. Dealing with multiple wallets and running native nodes for other digital assets is NOT some great inconvenience. I'd rather just do that.

No biggie, maybe I'm not who Voorhees is targeting with the offering. Since I'm sort of a bottom feeder, maybe they're going after institutions?

2-Possibly the offering and/or target audience is less important than bringing PRISM about in the first place. Maybe Voorhees represents a group of professional coders looking to cut their teeth on smart contracts where the contracts themselves are very simple, a "divide and conquer" strategy out in the open. If they simultaneously run PR in that effort, possibly thats just part of the rehearsal?

3-It's clear from the interview that Shapeshift was whipsmart in it's prescience regarding the rise of the alts (DASH and the rest). Which came first? Shapeshift or the alts themselves? It seems a symbiotic relationship to me.

Duplicating the success of Shapeshift probably wouldn't hurt Erik's feelings leading me to wonder if PRISM seeks a similar outcome and I can't see it yet.

Maybe the desired outcome is that ether becomes the reserve currency of crypto? Statements Erik makes in the interview: "all PRISM's are collateralized by ether" and "currently PRISM takes the other side of all trades" make me feel like he may be aiming to demonstrate ether as a reserve currency. But, I struggle with this too, if atomic swaps are also in play, wouldn't that imply the idea of a reserve currency as a relic?

I'm trying to figure out what's going on here...just curious if any of the dash forum rowdies @demo, @camosoul,
@stan.distortion have any ideas?

Last edited:
Back